Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Time limiting Contributry ESA

Yes saintjanet it is people like you and my husband that I feel really angry for...and also people who are being forced to depend on their partners when they know they are not earning a great deal...Destroying their self worth and esteem even more ... having worked hard themselves and being forced to contribute an amount out of their wages each week, month they could at least have the security of knowing should the worst happen they would be looked after..National INSURANCE......While the the people who have never worked to and have never had any intentention of working who have caused these problems by taking advantage of the system...will still continue to get the means tested benifeits...it makes me soooooo angry.......... There was an uproar when it was suggested that people do a little work to earn their benifeits and the same when child benifet was cut for upper earners ....how come nobody has seen the unfairness of this...

I have written to my MP twice and insisted I expect a reply to the questions that I have bought up I am still waiting a reply....I understand that petitions with a certain amount of signitures have to be bought up in the house of commons..I personally do not have the know how to do this......But if anyone knows how to do it you can count on my signiture and also of my husbands......

belvederebabe, I am not convinced petitions have much affect, from what i have read, although i always sign them anyway.As you have said it is beyond belief that someones complete entitlement can be removed after one year, even though the person may have been ill for many years.My husband worked 6 or 7 days a week until he became ill and was never unemployed, it seems this does not count!!

My last MP(labour) has now retired at 59 with health problems!! (YOU COULD NOT MAKE IT UP), he was always sympathetic and yet nothing improved, infact much of the current legislation was the idea of labour, not the one year entitlement, but who knows if that would not have happened if they had been re elected.

IMO Whatever happens when the transfers start, the goal posts will continue to move until very few people will qualify for any sickness benefits in the future.

Regards Janet.

The problem with the Contribution based ESA, is that once on it, and provided you jump when you are told to, it has been in continual payment maybe for a lifetime. That isn't fair either! The amount of abuse that the system has taken over the years really needs sorting out. How can it be right that currently a contribution based benefit when claimed at say age 30 can last until 65.

It depends if you still qualify under the the same circumstnces that got you on it in the first place.... if your situation has improved then NO .... but if you are the same or even worse you should........

Abuse is the word..... but when you have been promised something for a certain amount of time as long as you still meet those.... then I am sorry you should not have the goal posts dragged away from you........people who have not ABUSED the system should not be punished for those that have.....

The fact I will not be able to qualify for my pension is bad enogh but to be told I am not able to have the money PROMISED to me even though I am still unable to work is wrong...if they want to change things for future applicants fair enogh....

I to am amazed at the lack of complaints about what they are doing to the disabled community. We are being hit from all sides including now huge cuts in the what we recieve from sociial services to meet our care needs

Totally agree... I new have a dental absess and face expesive dental work... even if I end up with having to lose my bridge and get a partial denture these are still nearly 200.00 on the NHS....at least give us free dental treatment... what are we all supposed to do walk around with no ruddy teeth like the victorian days...I at least qualify for free perscriptions for having epilepsy but what about the people who have pay for medication..... and what about glasses they don't come cheap....won't be able to see....won't be able to eat... might as well shoot me NOW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by belvederebabe View Post
    Totally agree... I new have a dental absess and face expesive dental work... even if I end up with having to lose my bridge and get a partial denture these are still nearly 200.00 on the NHS....at least give us free dental treatment... what are we all supposed to do walk around with no ruddy teeth like the victorian days...I at least qualify for free perscriptions for having epilepsy but what about the people who have pay for medication..... and what about glasses they don't come cheap....won't be able to see....won't be able to eat... might as well shoot me NOW!!!
    My husband does not qualify for any medication or anything else for that matter.One important point that needs to be made is that my husband could be earning good money in the job he used to do, but he is TOO ILL to do it ,regardless of what the government,dwp or atos say, it's a fact ,so i WILL have to keep him, my family run a couple of small businesses and he could work for them but he is too ill for that too,so the end result is he will have to live, on my far from large salary, whatever they say, end of, everyone knows that getting in the support group is highly unlikely under most circumstances.

Regards, Jan

I desperately need one of my teeth crowning, but its been broken for about 3 years and I cannot afford to get it fixed, so I always eat on the other side of my mouth !!!

Hi Andypandy, yes but you can only do that until the tooth becomes infected.. then it is a case of root treatment...and a crown or extraction....an infected tooth is hell....and losing lots of teeth on one side alters your bite and can cause TMJ ( jaw problems sort of ) and no end of damage to the other teeth.
    Is there no NHS dentists near you... 198.00 for a crown..
    This my point though exactly if even on the money you have you can't afford NHS dental treatment it is just not right and the point I am making...people on means tested benefits don't have to worry..All my problems started with a bridge that I saved for and it was a disaster and my whole mouth it mucked up now so I know all about bite problems.

If you can't get a NHS dentist in your area you can travel to a dentist anywhere as far as I know.. I don't know your circumstances but hope you get it sorted soon before you get an infection.