Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Time limiting Contributry ESA

I know people who think it wont affect them too, those who were 'exempt' on IB for donkeys years and still are. I've explained how their particular conditions are no longer exempt, and that their voluntary/permitted work will likely in due course count against them
    It's like talking to a wall when people are in a denial 'comfort zone' I fully expect major hassle myself and have my survival fighting fund squirreled away, going to observe a few tribunals too just to see how they approach ESA descriptors

How are you going to observe some tribunals Alison? Are they open to the public?

Account deleted
    Well people have this in built protection that governments do not mean them, but do not forget a lot of people are winning these medicals without going to appeals.

I do have now indefinite DLA, but I do now have this inbuilt idea that I can win my ESA, no good going thinking your going to lose, but looking at the ESA, can I walk 50 mtrs NO, can you walk 50mtrs using aids, no, can you walk 50mtrs using a wheelchair only if it's electric.

Can I climb two steps no, end of story nope I cannot.

So that alone should give me 30 points

Thats without my bowel and bladder problems which should give me 15 points. so I'm looking at 45 points.

Under the old PCA I would have got 180 points but of course I never ever finished the PCA the chap would say OK you have enough points good bye.

The biggest problem I have seen are people who are suffering mental health, you would be surprised how many people go to a medical alone, then state to the person, I cannot go out alone, I cannot speak to people, but hold on your have your talking to me, and you came here alone.

So people have to use a bit of common sense.

I think if you contact the tribunal service arrangements could be made, obviously an appellant might object on the day, but tribunals are in effect courts and as a rule open to observe, though it is not a 'right' as such

What about the claimant with no family or friends available or willing to attend a medical with them, how do they NOT go alone ?

Account deleted
    So are you saying people can go out if they have nobody to go with them, I suspect the tribunal would say if you can come here alone and speak with us alone, then you can work.

People who cannot go out and meet people do not get better just because a tribunal tells them to, I suspect that's how a many of these people get turned down. If you cannot go out you ask for the tribunal to come to you, if they refuse then actually you have a a legal right to ask why not. people do not get better just because the DWP demand it.

Nice to see you back Alison B x I think the question should be do you normally or do you find it easy to do these things, sometimes people put themselves through enormous stresses when they feel it is being demanded of them when normally they would not find it easy to do so. For example I might do something I can't normally do or feel safe to do if i was being put under pressure to do so.