Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Motoring - Important News for Motability Users

Quote Originally Posted by andypandy View Post
    I have just spoken to ACAS and they have informed me that because these changes are out of my control then I would be within my legal rights to give notice to my employee. That seems so unfair on both me and them, if they are really good at their job.

I am going to fight against this very silly ruling.

Thanks for your support guys
    Listen Andy it's all a game! Play it by their rules ie don't give your carer any notice as there's no need.

When it's time to order your car three months before you need it tell Motability that you'll be adding your carer to the insurance even though she lives over five miles away.

They won't refuse to add her to the insurance believe me. It goes against the whole ethos as to why Motability exists! Royal Sun Alliance won't refuse your request because it's not in their interest. They would them become a disabling barrier against you having independence. The insurance company is there to support you not cause disabling barriers.

You can't act at the moment as the scheme hasn't been rolled out. In other words even Motability will be in the dark about how it will operate!

Can this be argued as discrimination against disabled people? Even a breach under the Human Rights Act? Criminals can use that, why not us?
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post
    Listen Andy it's all a game! Play it by their rules ie don't give your carer any notice as there's no need.

When it's time to order your car three months before you need it tell Motability that you'll be adding your carer to the insurance even though she lives over five miles away.

They won't refuse to add her to the insurance believe me. It goes against the whole ethos as to why Motability exists! Royal Sun Alliance won't refuse your request because it's not in their interest. They would them become a disabling barrier against you having independence. The insurance company is there to support you not cause disabling barriers.

You can't act at the moment as the scheme hasn't been rolled out. In other words even Motability will be in the dark about how it will operate!
    Hi LT

I have an open policy with RSA so I never have to ring to change drivers over nor tell them when I employ someone new, so I guess I would just carry on as I am but, would this invalidate my insurance. Surely, THEY have ME over a barrel as THEY have the cars ?

Well from my knowledge of RSA they will still need details about the other driver eg name, date of birth, when they passed their test and how many convictions they have over the last five years. Maybe they'll ask how far away they live once it's rolled out. I've not heard of an open policy before - I'd check out if that still counts as a general enquiry without giving your name - just as a precaution!

Keep on rollin'!

AndyP your jumping the gun. Your One of the few to get the concession for an open policy - I tried for soo long for that do they obviously know your needs. This is just about cutting down on the ones that give it to their kids and never use it. So many do that - my VW dealer was saying it's how most of the adult dla recipients in his area get their child's 1st car! Don't worry they've already acknowledged your needs are above most peoples so you won't have a problem :@)

Thanks guys