Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Transfer of dla to pip statement

Transfer of dla to pip statement

HAVE "PLAGIARISED" THIS FROM ANOTHER LINK ,SEEMS IT IS A RECENTLY WRITTEN ANSWER FROM MARIA MILLER THE DISABILTY MINISTER..

From April 2013 to March 2016 everyone aged 16 to 64 receiving DLA will be reassessed to see whether they are entitled to the new Personal Independence Payment.

People entitled to Personal Independence Payment will have their claims smoothly transferred over and their DLA will stop.

Those not found to be entitled to Personal Independence Payment will be informed and their DLA will stop. They may be able to claim other benefits.

There are no current plans to replace DLA with Personal Independence Payment for children aged under 16 and people over the age of 65 who are already receiving DLA .

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    HAVE "PLAGIARISED" THIS FROM ANOTHER LINK ,SEEMS IT IS A RECENTLY WRITTEN ANSWER FROM MARIA MILLER THE DISABILTY MINISTER..

From April 2013 to March 2016 everyone aged 16 to 64 receiving DLA will be reassessed to see whether they are entitled to the new Personal Independence Payment.

People entitled to Personal Independence Payment will have their claims smoothly transferred over and their DLA will stop.

Those not found to be entitled to Personal Independence Payment will be informed and their DLA will stop. They may be able to claim other benefits.

There are no current plans to replace DLA with Personal Independence Payment for children aged under 16 and people over the age of 65 who are already receiving DLA .
    Hi Rob, could you tell me where you found this, is there more content?
    Hera

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post

this is true draft regulations came out ages ago and first info was in last budget

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/pip-draft...egulations.pdf

more info here

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/policy/disabil...dence-payment/

the idea of PIP and its well set out in the budget is to cut spending on DLA PIP by 20%

thats more than all claims for lower care in total

here is another fact sheet on pip

http://www.disabilityalliance.org/f60.htm

there are many changes medication needs are low scoring as is making a mewal as micro waves and frozen foods will be allowed to count as meals ....... where have you been been plenty of coverage about a change that will affect as many people as IB to esa change

my sums and home work IMO works out that 9 out of 10 people on dla will get less on PIP but thats my view the regulations are draft but its no secret and written in ther budget PIP is to cut dla disability spending by 20% about on par with southern irish cuts, as bad as that was for them they cut everyones money by 20% here in UK they are stopping peoples money by moving the goal posts IMO

Unfortunately until the end of last week there were still very many people who didn't realise the change to PIP is drawing near, or even realise that it is going to happen at all. The government didn't go out of it's way to publicise it... but announcements last week by disability charities and organisations, plus Saturdays demonstration, have hopefully started to raise awareness.
    The potential loss of the present Low Rate Care component is a major cause for concern. We have known all along that PIP will only have 2 care components, so something has to slip off the radar.
    What is even more worrying is what - if any - IS premiums will be attracted by the new low rate care of PIP. We simply don't know yet. So if the new low rate of care doesn't attract the IS additions (among other things) the government will potentially make huge savings in IS etc on top of the (current) saving of £19.55 per week times by however many. Which may help to explain the shortfall which davewhit has found in his calculations.
    The fact is that people on DLA middle rate care plus IS who go over to low rate care PIP could conceivably lose a lot more than those who lose their current DLA low rate care.

Hey Rob can I ask you something ?

If I would not be able to get PIP what other benefits are out there that would be available for me ?

Thanks.

What worries me about all these changes is when politicians say that everyone will be better off, or no one has to worry because the changes are to better target those who need the help the most. We know what these words mean, we have seen it with changes to other benefits in the last year or two. At the end of the day they intend saving money, cutting the huge (And it is a huge bill) benefits bill. Instead of targeting the cheaters, & we know there are some, maybe a lot, they are going after genuine people.

I do not use my DLA for luxuries. I do not buy alcohol, well a little now & then. I do not spend it on nights out to get drunk. I do not buy expensive clothing or the latest gadget, when I just got one last year. I do not have spare money to lose. I like most, spend it to live daily. I, like most, use a large part on my gas & electric, on food, on travel expenses, on buying the odd thing to make my daily life a little easier, like a grabber to pick things off the floor, like a special can opener so I can open tins. A magnifier to be able to see the text on my mobile so I can call a taxi when I am out & there is not a phone nearby. This idea we have too much money so they need to target it better is laughable.

They want to save 20%, maybe they can if they went after the cheaters. Maybe there are that many cheating. I really do not know how many are. What I do know is that as ever, it is decent & honest people who will suffer. What will I have to cut out if my money goes down? Heating, food, insurance, taxis. How can I when these things keep going up much faster than inflation, & inflation is running away?
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Rob I haven't been anywhere, on the contrary I have been following the PIP with interest since it was first announced, however I haven't heard that ; From April 2013 to march EVERYONE aged 16 to 64 receiving DLA WILL be reassessed to see whether they are entitiled to the new Personal Independence Payment.
    I was under the impression that nothing definite had been decided yet, yet this sounded definite, so I just asked where you had seen this and was there more content, to clarify.
    The PIP is just another way of the government trying to look like they are getting people off benefits, it isn't designed to do anything but juggle the figures. Just as the ESA wasn't designed to do anything except juggle the figures, and at the same time stare up hate for the sick and disabled of this country.
    I have been fighting this along with several hundreds, and maybe thousands of people, and I intend to keep fighting, but in order to do that I need to gather as much information as I possibly can, so while my question might have seemed as though I had been hiding under a stone, it wasn't. Thanks for the response anyway, and keep up the good work. There are several websites helping with the fight one being
    http://dwpexaminations.blacktriangle...gn.org/phpBB3/ If you can guide me to any more useful information I would be grateful. Regards Hera

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by Stepheninleeds View Post
    What worries me about all these changes is when politicians say that everyone will be better off, or no one has to worry because the changes are to better target those who need the help the most. We know what these words mean, we have seen it with changes to other benefits in the last year or two. At the end of the day they intend saving money, cutting the huge (And it is a huge bill) benefits bill. Instead of targeting the cheaters, & we know there are some, maybe a lot, they are going after genuine people.

stopping cheaters would not save 20% with dla not that much is stolen, now if they where to save the amount thats paid wrong on dla esa IS jsa all by staff mistakes that would save 20% my idea was that they cut everyones dla by 20% thats what been done in Irland greece and other countries in greece even pensions that way everyone takes a hit and people still have some money

in ireland people with blind persons pension was some of the first to take a cut same time as they cut mps pay. now thats across the board

latest big cut in greece people getting more than 1200 euro pension get 20% cut on amount above 1200 euro

for the first time ever in a budget here in the uk they did not flip flop around a cut and say it was to target worse off they where stright and said it was to save money

I do not use my DLA for luxuries. I do not buy alcohol, well a little now & then. I do not spend it on nights out to get drunk. I do not buy expensive clothing or the latest gadget, when I just got one last year. I do not have spare money to lose. I like most, spend it to live daily. I, like most, use a large part on my gas & electric, on food, on travel expenses, on buying the odd thing to make my daily life a little easier, like a grabber to pick things off the floor, like a special can opener so I can open tins. A magnifier to be able to see the text on my mobile so I can call a taxi when I am out & there is not a phone nearby. This idea we have too much money so they need to target it better is laughable.
    they would not save 20% going after cheaters if they went after the people overpaid dla esa by staff mistakes they might save 20% I said they should cut across the board 20% so people still get something as done in other countries irland greece ect

in ireland the first cuts where to disabled blind pensions i think at the same time they cut mps pay.
    latestest cut in greece is to pensions over 1200 euro about that rate 20% cut

i would be happy to take a 20% cut in dla if they cut mps pay by the same amount
    Last edited by davewhit; 10-24-2011 at 09:48 AM.

I cannot afford a 20% cut. I have lost enough as it is. I get just over £11 a week in Income Support. We have all lost money through changes on how they calculate inflation. They are capping the amount a household can claim in benefits. They are cutting our Housing Benefit. They are doing so many other things too. Now they are going to limit benefits for people with cancer to one year, & others with serious illnesses.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by Stepheninleeds View Post
    I cannot afford a 20% cut. I have lost enough as it is. I get just over £11 a week in Income Support. We have all lost money through changes on how they calculate inflation. They are capping the amount a household can claim in benefits. They are cutting our Housing Benefit. They are doing so many other things too. Now they are going to limit benefits for people with cancer to one year, & others with serious illnesses.
    I agree many wont be able to afford a 20% cut but which would you rather have 20% cut or no DLA ?
    Last edited by davewhit; 03-21-2012 at 11:16 AM.