Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Customer Compliance letter arrived today

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by diabeticguy View Post
    Will certainly let you know what happens.

Trying to calm myself down a little. Can I assume that this will be an informal meeting to discuss potential problems with my claim; from what I read from others posts is that many times the problems are resolved within this meeting. However, there is also a chance that further action may be taken depending on the nature of the enquiry. I believe that I may have exceeded the 6k capital limit but would deny it was intentional, in fact I would rather have paid the tariff income than have the anxiety and stress of this meeting.
    it can be informal or in can sometimes be under caution and taped that depends on what they have on you and how they are going to treat you... you need advice you need to turn up and co operate fully

someone might have a link to further information

Well I don't feel compelled to get legal advice at this stage, I don't even know where they are going with this. I am keen to to call them tommorrow to inform them that I cannot get the statements they require because the account they refer to went into archive years ago, and to ascertain whether they still want me to attend without them. I am going from nervous to quite angy and frustrated at not knowing what they are playing at.

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by diabeticguy View Post
    Well I don't feel compelled to get legal advice at this stage, I don't even know where they are going with this. I am keen to to call them tommorrow to inform them that I cannot get the statements they require because the account they refer to went into archive years ago, and to ascertain whether they still want me to attend without them. I am going from nervous to quite angy and frustrated at not knowing what they are playing at.
    Keep calm they wont know where they are going till they talk with you ... they will want you to attend and if you dont they will stop your benefits ..... people have enough trouble getting medicals changed never read on a forum of a compliance interview being changed ?
    below pastings from 2 web sites

compliance ,means
    Pay customers the correct benefit at the right time and protect the benefit system from fraud, error and abuse

Customer Compliance was introduced to address incorrectness in benefit cases where a robust and challenging face-to-face interview is deemed more appropriate than a criminal fraud investigation.

A key outcome of the Customer Compliance process is to encourage future compliance with the benefit reporting process.

I am a Customer Compliance Officer for the DWP. My team was set up in April 2006 and our main purpose is to follow up on fraud allegations.

The Department receives many allegations of benefit fraud and because the Fraud Officer's main job is to take cases to prosecution or caution, they can only investigate a limited number of cases each year.

Prior to Compliance, all of the cases they did not have time to fully investigate were literally filed away and forgotten. The Dept felt that we were likely to be missing things and so the compliance teams were set up. We interview all of the overload from Fraud.

In addition, we do random benefit reviews and because most benefits are paid at central sites, often many miles away, if the Benefit Delivery Centre requires an interview to be done, then it is usually passed to the Compliance team.

We should interview all cases were there has been a recent separation (after about 2-3 months) and all previously self-employed people (again, after about 2-3 months)

Most Compliance Officers see their job as making sure people get what they are entitled to - not more and not less

Quote Originally Posted by davewhit View Post
    Keep calm they wont know where they are going till they talk with you ... they will want you to attend and if you dont they will stop your benefits ..... people have enough trouble getting medicals changed never read on a forum of a compliance interview being changed ?
    below pastings from 2 web sites

compliance ,means
    Pay customers the correct benefit at the right time and protect the benefit system from fraud, error and abuse

Customer Compliance was introduced to address incorrectness in benefit cases where a robust and challenging face-to-face interview is deemed more appropriate than a criminal fraud investigation.

A key outcome of the Customer Compliance process is to encourage future compliance with the benefit reporting process.

I am a Customer Compliance Officer for the DWP. My team was set up in April 2006 and our main purpose is to follow up on fraud allegations.

The Department receives many allegations of benefit fraud and because the Fraud Officer's main job is to take cases to prosecution or caution, they can only investigate a limited number of cases each year.

Prior to Compliance, all of the cases they did not have time to fully investigate were literally filed away and forgotten. The Dept felt that we were likely to be missing things and so the compliance teams were set up. We interview all of the overload from Fraud.

In addition, we do random benefit reviews and because most benefits are paid at central sites, often many miles away, if the Benefit Delivery Centre requires an interview to be done, then it is usually passed to the Compliance team.

We should interview all cases were there has been a recent separation (after about 2-3 months) and all previously self-employed people (again, after about 2-3 months)

Most Compliance Officers see their job as making sure people get what they are entitled to - not more and not less
    Many thanks Dave, all I needed was the slightest hint that the compliance guys were human (with a job to do) but were not motivated to persecute and intimidate claimants. Many thanks for the examples above.