Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Warm home discount scheme.

Got my 120 at the end of Feb TY very much british gas

However it was on my electric which as i have gas central heating is a bit of a pain in the butt

Still less to pay so it works out.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

I never got any sort of reply from Scottish Power although the online calim said I appeared to qualify OK, Unfortunately they're no longer on the scheme so I can't see anywhere to check, I did ring them but the normal customer advisors had no idea what I was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by phaedra View Post
    I never got any sort of reply from Scottish Power although the online calim said I appeared to qualify OK, Unfortunately they're no longer on the scheme so I can't see anywhere to check, I did ring them but the normal customer advisors had no idea what I was talking about.
    I think you may find they are

Energy suppliers participating in the scheme
    The electricity suppliers involved in this scheme are: Atlantic, British Gas, EDF Energy, E.ON, Equipower, Equigas, Manweb, M&S Energy, npower, Sainsbury's Energy, Scottish Gas, Scottish Hydro, ScottishPower, Southern Electric, SSE, Swalec and Utility Warehouse.

Take a look here

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Pensions...&CRE=warm_home

However it is a Spanish company that owns Scottish power well it was not so long ago
    Last edited by Stig; 03-17-2012 at 12:10 AM.

I'm not receiving a pension so am in the "Broader Spectrum Group" Scottish Power were listed as a participating supplier but a few have dropped out (SP included),

"Due to the popularity of these Broader Group Schemes, those run by British Gas, EDF Energy, Npower and Scottish Power and have now closed."

http://www.decc.gov.uk/en/content/cm...d_broader.aspx

Just rang SP who are going to look into it on Monday, according to their website the Broader Spectrum Group should have been paid by March.
    Last edited by phaedra; 03-17-2012 at 09:32 AM.

NPower say they have closed theirs for this year, but say it will be opening again in the coming months. I assume others will do the same. Scottish Power do mention it, but it is very vague indeed: http://www.scottishpower.co.uk/PDF/w...-the-worry.pdf

I also found this on the DECC website, very interesting reading indeed. Tells us how they have improved Warm Front & listened to us (I shall not comment!), this information is from last year, which is what makes it so interesting, & they talk about the new improvements to it inder the new Green Deal to launch this year. Worth reading, just for a laugh!: http://www.decc.gov.uk/en/content/cm...7/pn11_37.aspx
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Still not received our 120 discount to our account with Scottish Power. We are on PC and are now 279 in credit. I thought it should have been paid by the end of March, but apparently not.
    Think a phone call is in order.
    Chris

I rang Scottish Power on March 17th and they got someone to look into my query on the 19th and rang me back, said I was def. on the list and it should be credited in the following 2 or 3 weeks.

Just checked my account and nothing has been paid into it, will give them until the end of the week then ring again.

I got a letter last week. Seems we have been switched from the old scheme to the new one, & got our discount from NPower/RWE.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

I received my 120 couple of weeks ago from British Gas.