Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple iphone6 launch on Wed 9 Sept '14

Apple iphone6 launch on Wed 9 Sept '14

It's rumoured that Apple have a launch date of Wed 9 Sept for new system software and products.

It could be a few bigger phones, a wearable Iwatch that can carry out health checks of the wearer perhaps.

The goods are usually available in the Apple stores about 10 days later!

There are other companies producing products just as innovative as Apple. Apple produce some good products, but their prices tend to be at the expensive end of the market sector in question, and they are not always the most flexible offerings.

Large screen phones are common in the Android world - this post comes to you from a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, which also has excellent Wacom active stylus that is useful for sketching, handwritten notes and annotating documents. Android is not perfect, but neither is iOS.

There are several good smartwatch options already in the marketplace. There's a trade off of factors with any watch sized device and I would urge potential purchasers to evaluate these carefully and not to buy based purely on brand. Anyone considering a smartwatch should think carefully what they are expecting from that watch, as the watch has limited functionality without watch enabled apps on the connected phone.

I may, in time, buy an Android Wear powered watch, but I really want the Android Wear platform to mature further and the battery life of the watches to improve first.

Just at Media City in Salford having a Costa outside. Seems that a half marathon has just finished!

The network strength for 4G is top! Then again you'd expect connectivity to be good here .

Apple launch date on Tuesday !

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post
    Seems that a half marathon has just finished!
    That's the Great North Run.

Quote Originally Posted by Flymo View Post
    That's the Great North Run.
    Bit of a long run then if LT's in Salford, the Great North Run is in Gateshead / Newcastle; about 110 miles as the crow flies.
    Last edited by nukecad; 09-07-2014 at 01:33 PM.

I was assuming the Great North Run coverage from BBC One was showing on a big screen outside the part of MediaCity occupied by the BBC. I believe BBC Sport are based at MediaCity since they left Television Centre a few years ago.

Yes you're correct, BBC sport is based in Salford Media City. But today is also the Salford 10K run!

Well the roads were cornered off near Mabchester United's football ground and parts of Salford Quays too.
    I was just sunning myself in Media City's Costa as hundreds of runners ambled by after the race. There was even a guy riding on a gyro wheeled vehicle - Looked very cool.

There's also another commercial TV station based in MediaCiity called 'ITV' It has the coolest logo
    http://www.mediacityuk.co.uk/occupiers/itv
    And as you know Coronation Street is made by ITV. My niece does the wardrobe for Coronation Street - I never see it as I'm not really into soap operas. I wonder if her name appears on the titles?
    Last edited by Lighttouch; 09-07-2014 at 04:50 PM.

Wouldn't have an Ibrick if they paid me , awful signal, poor voice stalls, tiny screen, nit waterproof, slow, the list goes on.
    Ibrick 6 will need to up their fame as my Sony Experia Z2 blows the 5 out the water, oh and us fully waterproof.

IPone 6 and IPhone 6 plus

Here are the comparison sizes of the IPhone 6.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IPHONE-SIZES.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	103.4 KB 
ID:	1098

Besides the usual cases there will be this case too - rather cool

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IPHONE-CASE.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	123.7 KB 
ID:	1099

FREE system software OS8. But be careful as it will be a memory hugger. I think lots of the new Apps and photos/music/video features will be memory hungry. I know lots of stuff is now held in 'iCloud' but I reckon a minimum of 64MB storage on the phone is needed to future proof your new phone for two years max.