Thread: claiming esa

claiming esa

hi there great forum

well my 6 months is almost up from my ssp i have MS

my wife workd 27 hours £7/h £810/m (currently getting carers for me) need to stop this! only found out was a max she can earn a few days ago and now bricking it to see if have to pay it back 5 months worth 8o

we live together wih 2 kids in mortgage property (paying interest only)

i currently get dla higher mobility and mid care

i was looking into how benefits effect other benefits and looks like i cant get esa

can anyone confirm please?

If, as it seems, you've paid full NI Contributions for the previous 2 years your entitled to claim Contributions Based ESA, the only income that affects this is pensions and some work based sickness payments.

NB: On balance, I think you'd be best advised to contact someone like your local CAB or Welfare Rights etc and ask for a Full Benefits Check. This will help you obtain your full entitlement, they may also be able to help sort out any misunderstandings as appears in your post above.
    Last edited by Jard; 11-28-2014 at 09:49 AM.