Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DLA dilemma

Hi Jack
    Hope all is well with your wife glad she decided to try it i used to take mine in the day and the nausea was terrible so was advised by doc to take at night just before bed with a biscuit or similar and the folic acid 3 days later also just before bed and the nausea etc so much better for it good luck
    steve

Hello Jack

I have just read the above posts and I needed to reply. I don't have arthritis etc. but did used to work in the Rheumatology Dept of my local hospital (in my previous life that is). Lots of people took MTX and the doctors there were very good and kept a close eye on patients who took it.

I just want to wish you and your wife all the best.

Please let us know how you get on

Thanks so much for the replies just an update she took 7.5mg mtx at 1.15pm and at 10.30 pm we have had to phone NHSdirect as she has broken out in a rash on chest, face, arms and neck no nausea at all, doctors going to get back within the hour it seems to be going down gradually but its best to be on the safe side she feels fine apart from the rash and burping alot oh well i'll let you know tomorrow if thats ok as the support is much appreciated regards jack

just an update my wife is fine after the little scare we were told to see what happens after her next dose on monday ? thanks for reading regards jack