Hi everyone just thought i would post this and see if anyone knows the answer, my son gets IS and Carers allowance 6 weeks ago his girlfriend gave birth and ive allowed her to move into our family home.
He contacted IS and told them of his change off circumstances but they are still paying him so he rang them again Monday to be told a form had been sent out to him to declare his change but they are still paying him? His girlfriend is on maternity pay now surely his IS should have been stopped there and then when he made the first call?.
Housing benefit have sorted things out there end but income support dont seem interested in stopping his money, he still gets his carers to, does anyone on here understand this situation and why DWP are doing things this way?
Kind Regards,