Thread: Unstable diabetes, from 20 yrs DLA to 0 PIP

Unstable diabetes, from 20 yrs DLA to 0 PIP

Hi,

I used the excellent resources here for my claim, I have severe M.E, and was awarded DLA at appeal and currently on PIP.

However, my long-term partner - on High care/Low mobility DLA for 20 years - has just been awarded four points care, zero mobility following PIP transition. I wrote out her claim myself, using the template on these boards, making sure to note frequency of issues. She is highly unstable, needs help, has many hypos requiring injection of support, needs assistance every day with many, many things.

So, we're numb and have no idea how we are going to live. I guess with appeal we need to restate frequency of assistance needed? However, her diabetes care is changing hospital and old hospital won't provide any support. Our GP surgery changed policy in Jan to provide no supporting evidence too.

How do we fight with no medical support? She's Type 1, since birth.

Will check back often and post lots more once I've calmed down.

You are entitled to access your patient summary care records which may help
    Anything expressed is my opinion only and is offered in good faith. It is either from my own experiance or what I have learned on my journey. Take it for what it is or leave it alone. With best wishes D.