Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sad situation

Thanks guys
    Unfortunately she is fully aware of the eviction process,having gone through it three years ago
    One of the things Ss using against her is housing instability,as after the eviction she went into short term temp ,followed by long term temp,both of which she hated.
    Two years ago she gave up the long term temp,as a mum from school had a house to let.
    As a single woman with no children they have no duty to help her.
    Just hope she can drag it out till final hearing,and just clinging on to hope that kids go home,but its looking less n less likely by the minute

Update on sad situation
    Daughter in law got approved by fostering panel last week and I got approved this week,which means if the kids can't go home they will stay within the family.
    Final hearing in five weeks.

A somewhat positive result but it would still be much better if they were allowed back to their mum.
    If they stay with you will you be eligible for a larger house? I seem to remember that you were sleeping on a settee. Forgive me if I am wrong about that.

Your correct Beau.
    I now have a fold up bed.
    One of the questions the panel asked was would I move.
    My assessor ha warned it may go against me that I am reluctant.
    I couldn't go through it again!
    I moved here due to bedroom tax two years ago.
    They would move me,but I have my lovely wet room,and alterations to my kitchen due to my disability.
    The actual thought of moving is too much,and I would soon be in the same position as before with bedroom tax.
    They were obviously satisfied with my answer which was if my teenage son passes this years course it's automatic entry to uni,and he plans to be away 3 to 4 years,by which time Chloe will have her care leaving package.
    If he does go I can sleep in his room.
    It's touch and go though as he has aspergers,and the tensions here are not conducive to studying,and he is a bit behind,but hopes to make it up.
    I still pray that they will all go home,but it is not looking good

So sorry that the outcome is not looking good. In spite of all that I'm sure that the young lady will have a meaningful life with good guidance with you.

Thank you beau
    I shall certainly do my best
    Luckily she is a good girl

deebee, YOU should have a social worker for yourself. Appreciate you are embroiled in your kids and grandkids lives but you risk your own health anad finances and home to do so. please tell social services about the bed situation....you should not be on a folding bed!! They are are not good for the back long term. Maybe the kids.... they are lighter.

I do. Have a sw
    And I have bought a memory foam mattress for the fild up bed
    My granddaughter has to have her own room,or I would not have been approved
    Finances are ok as they pay me a fostering allowance
    Keeping fingers crossed that son passes course,so he goes to uni September.
    Foster carers get visited by their own sw once every four weeks,plus a visit from the children sw once in four weeks
    During the assessment phase you are visited far more frequently to be assessed.
    The one person who hasn't got one,who could do with her own,is my daughter