Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: type 2 diabetes

type 2 diabetes

hi i have type 2 diabetes on metformin have been on other diabetics pills, but did not suit me.i have refused insulin i already strugle with my weight,plus i will forget to do blood test my memmory is bad more so in the morns.i have herd there is an alternative to insulin, you only inject once daily,and it helps in weight loss and no hypos,anbody know what this is.

I have type 2 diabetes and thought only Type 1 inject? I would have a word with your doctor?

I am type 2 with insulin which I inject at night I take 2 x 500 met in morning and 2 x 500 at night also I forget some times to test but I stay around 12.2 / 14.5 a very good day it is 7.4. So many different types of things now for Type 2 Ask your GP.
    Also Diabetes UK will give you all the info.
    I hope this helps.
    WillieJ

Also type 2 i take one thousand mg metformin in the morn and the same in the evening .also take glimepiride , atrvastatin (cholesterol) , blood pressure tablet . I have pretty good control and am usually below 7 and around 5 when i am being good however every now and again it spikes up to 12s but that's when i've had a sneaky small bar of dairy milk . Diabetic diet is pretty boring and i am of the view that a little cheat once a week cant do that much damage .Ive got all the cook books etc but cannot stand long enough to prepare them plus not great tasting prob why i live of curry or other spicey food

thanks for your replys jay if you have type 2 diabetes over time it gets worse,and eventualy as in my case tablets can no longer controll it. i have found the alternative to insulin its called VICTOZA its 1 injection a day and no hypo and aids weight loss.any body been on it, i have been refered to a community diabetes team as they can give me this victoza, where as my gp will.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I have type 2 diabetes and thought only Type 1 inject? I would have a word with your doctor?
    No, I am type 2 Diabetic and am on a mix of tablets and injected Insulin.

Eventually all Type 2 Diabetics (if they liove long enough) end up on insulin injections, as your pancreas does not produce enough Insulin and this as you get older, reduces and has to be added to.
    I am on 3x850MG Metformin and two injections a day.
    There are a lot of different insulins, Byettas etc, but i had problems as I am insulin resistant would you belive! :-)

there is a insulin pump you can get which injects a set doseage.

Quote Originally Posted by hiker48 View Post
    thanks for your replys jay if you have type 2 diabetes over time it gets worse,and eventualy as in my case tablets can no longer controll it. i have found the alternative to insulin its called VICTOZA its 1 injection a day and no hypo and aids weight loss.any body been on it, i have been refered to a community diabetes team as they can give me this victoza, where as my gp will.
    Gosh, I didn't know that! I take two Metformin after breakfast and two after tea, am also on Irbesarton blood pressure tablet plus Simvastatin cholestral tablet. My readings fluxtuate, but I try to keep them down to between 7 and 9, not always possible!

it is as warkman says, thats what i was told,i liked the bit if you live long enough,my, appointment is on june 6 so i wil know more then, to be honest, i dont like the idea of insulin at all but my readings are so high 12 to 18 so im going to have one or the other

Quote Originally Posted by hiker48 View Post
    Hiya,
    to help your blood sugars go back to normal the best aproach is to lower the amount of carbs in your diet.
    Which means cut out white bread pasta rice and all junk food.
    Having type 2 diabetes doesn't mean it has to get worse. It just means a life style change

i have had type 2 diabetes. for ten years and have done the cutting back on carbs. but alas it still got worse,im not an expert but i have been told by the experts that type 2 does get worse.and so insulin or something simular is needed.as time gose by, no matter what diet you are on it will not stop it getting worse.dieting and exercise can only do so much