Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Million Disabled into work within Ten Years

A Million Disabled into work within Ten Years

Just found their latest wheeze on the BBC news Site:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42170801

Read that earlier. Are they dreaming? I think so.

Damned if they do, damned if they don`t.
    What do you want to happen? What do you see as the way forward for those that are disabled and want to work?
    Without anecdotes, suppositions, supposed hidden agendas.What do YOU think is the correct approach or solution?

It's called moving the goalposts. The Tories are hell bent in getting people off benefits, no one told you yet ?
    Call me Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by stree View Post
    Damned if they do, damned if they don`t.
    What do you want to happen? What do you see as the way forward for those that are disabled and want to work?
    Without anecdotes, suppositions, supposed hidden agendas.What do YOU think is the correct approach or solution?
    let or acually really help those who do want to work achieve this, But never coerce or force people into working which is what their real aims will be,

But then there are some who don't want to work.
    Call me Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by tom34 View Post
    let or acually really help those who do want to work achieve this, But never coerce or force people into working which is what their real aims will be,
    Correction, everyone who is capable of working, in which working will not cause their conditions to deteriorate should atleast try to work. Ofcourse, employers are traditionally largely to blame, if you can employ someone with a lower risk and potentially higher productivity, then that’s money better spent, that is where the problem lies

ive just switched to UC and they have invited me to a "wellbeing" avent at the JC , im 54 and in the SG for years , its up to me if i want to attend but i suspect in the future it will be attend or else .

This is hardly news, it was announced in the Green Paper of July 2016.
    https://www.theguardian.com/society/...ment-gap-in-uk

Wonder why the BBC have suddenly revived the story?
    (Helping with Government propoganda perhaps?).

The do say its a 'new strategy' and talk about 'new measures'; but it's noticable that there are no links to any new reports, announcements, or anything else new in that BBC article.
    (They do acknowledge last years Green Paper).

If they are reporting on something new that has been published then where is the link to it?
    Last edited by nukecad; 11-30-2017 at 04:36 PM.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    This is hardly news, it was announced in the Green Paper of July 2016.
    https://www.theguardian.com/society/...ment-gap-in-uk

Wonder why the BBC have suddenly revived the story?
    (Helping with Government propoganda perhaps?).

The do say its a 'new strategy' and talk about 'new measures'; but it's noticable that there are no links to any new reports, announcements, or anything else new in that BBC article.
    (They do acknowledge last years Green Paper).

If they are reporting on something new that has been published then where is the link to it?
    its possibly because the stand in (Green) said they were doing it at this weeks PMQs.