Thread: ESA medical appointment

ESA medical appointment

Just received my esa medical assessment appointment for the 3rd January 2018. Last one I had was 3rd December 2015.
    Now I have to have day surgery on the 15th January 2018.
    I have this in writing shall I send copy of letter to assessment people and take a copy with me to assessment?
    Also shall I ask my GP to do me a letter start my illnesses? I know my GP will probably charge for it or not bother with letter.
    Last time they never even bothered with it?
    Thanks
    Also my next payment after Christmas is due on the 5th January 2018. Would this still be paid as if not would need to sort my finances out as there is no way I am fit for work
    Thanks again
    Last edited by bub1; 12-06-2017 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Missed off

You could take a copy of the appointment and give it to the receptionist or the assessor.
    It will show that you are having ongoing treatment for a condition.

GP letter? That's up to you, and what you think your GP would put in it. I've never asked for, or needed one. (Even for my tribunal).
    Being in a group practice I doubt any letter about me would say much anyway, apart from a list of my general medical history and current medication.

Your ESA will continue to be paid as it is until a new decision is made by the DWP Decision Maker.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thanks. Shall I send dwp a copy of letter to where my benefit is paid from and where all dwp letters come from?
    Or just assessment Centre? Also just had appointment through for my rheumatologist consultant in March.

Just the assessors for now.

The DWP don't even see your assessment stuff until after the assessors have done with it.

You send your ESA50 by post to the Wolverhampton mail handling centre, they courier it to the assessment centre, they do the assesment and then put everything in a sealed plastic envelope which is sent by couriers to the DWP Decision Maker.
    (At least that's how it's supposed to happen).

If you send extra evidence to the DWP 'out of time', ie. not with your ESA50, then it does not get sent by them to the Assessment Provider at all.
    where claim forms and Further Medical Evidence are returned out of time, these would route directly to the PIP or ESA site and bypass the AP
    If you would like to see a description of the full questionaire/evidence handling process (for both ESA and PIP assessments) it is explained in this FoI:
    https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...coming-1038461

For that reason I don't think that I would send anything by post seperate from my ESA50, just too much chance for it to get lost in the backwards and forwards.
    I'd take it to the assessment to be put with the rest and sent to the DWP.
    Last edited by nukecad; 12-06-2017 at 04:31 PM.

Thanks will take everything with me.
    Last time I had assessment in April 2015 they found me fit for work even though 2 weeks later was having an operation. So did rapid reclaim. Then was reassessment in December 15 which put me in support group till now when another assessment is due.
    If all goes wrong can I put in rapid reclaim again as new condition and if the treatment in day surgery doesn’t work 6/8weeks down the line will be put on waiting list for major surgery for spine in through neck. Recovery time is 6 months

Be careful there. - You won't be able to claim it's a new condition if you mention it in this assessment. (But you might get away with claiming it's significantly worsened after the surgery).

Had gp appointment today to update him on assessment so he can put date on my notes.
    He said to go back and see him after to let him know how it went.
    They haven’t contacted him.