Thread: Why?

Why?

Ive never worked since I had my accident more than 30 years ago and I will never work again , so what is the point of changing my ESA to Universal Credit. I remember when I was on IS and it was paid weekly, then ESA paid fornighty and now UC monthly. Soon it will be pensions paid bi-annual (Ihope not)

Quote Originally Posted by StueyR View Post
    Ive never worked since I had my accident more than 30 years ago and I will never work again , so what is the point of changing my ESA to Universal Credit. I remember when I was on IS and it was paid weekly, then ESA paid fornighty and now UC monthly. Soon it will be pensions paid bi-annual (Ihope not)
    hi , im in same boat , im now on UC and should be £90pcm better off under UC than ESA..
    the monthly payments mean you have to budget more but in a lot of ways i find it simpler , my rent is paid to me by UC so i dont have to fill out HB council forms , and i dont have to fill out "fresh claim" forms if i move, just change address on my UC account..
    ALL change is a worry but having done it , im (at present) happy enough (although the first 2months can be a bit of a strain)

You can ask to be paid UC fortnightly.

Once the dust has settled set up all payments as monthly direct debits so payments go out in to
    Me.

If you aren’t on a meter use the same supplier for gas snd electric bills and pay by direct debit for discount.

Make sure you set up a digital bsnk account so you can sccess your bsnk live statement to ensure you never go in the red so bank charges are a thing of the past.

Live within your means and don’t Spend what you haven t got. If you use a credit card only use it to extend credit for a few weeks before playing it off in full to prevent paying interest charges.

If you have debt on a credit card transfer the figure to a new card that offers 0% interest on transfers for iup to 6/12 months and pay off as much of the initial capital as quick as you can to get the debt down.

When people earn a salary they get paid monthly do somdtimes there are five weeks to the month do you need to budget for that

I found itemising each cost of everything into weekly chunks enabled me to check my income against my outgoings and ssved me lots of stress about money worries.

A company I once worked for decided to pay the staff monthly instead of weekly. We all had a moan about it but it was easier to budget money & nowadays I wouldn't want weekly pay again.
    Call me Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by gbhxu View Post
    You can ask to be paid UC fortnightly.
    Can you, that will make things easier, are you sure?

They don't like you to know about fortnightly (or even weekly) UC payments, and they don't like to do it so make it hard to qualify.

Scroll down right to the bottom of this link, to section 11.2 'Alternative Payment Arrangements'.
    https://www.gov.uk/government/public...edit-and-you-a
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.