Thread: Youreable website takes over 60 seconds plus to change pages

Youreable website takes over 60 seconds plus to change pages

My experience of using the Youreable website has dropped to 'Poor' despite their claim that it has been upgraded.

I Google Yourable - click on the thread that takes me to the home page - great, no problem! After that it's all down hill.

When I click on 'Forums' on the home page it takes me to a blank page and stays there for 60-75 seconds

I'm on super fast fibre optic broadband, have cleared history - makes no difference

Being viewed via browsers Safari or Firefox - same problem

Website is fine when viewed on iPhone

Come on Youreable technical people - you're advertisers won't be happy either!
    Last edited by Lighttouch; 12-20-2017 at 11:54 AM.

Not having any of those problems here LT.

The fact that it'saffecting 2 different browsers and that it's OK on your phone would suggest that it's a problem with your PC/laptop.

My first thought was maybe the adverts were being slow loading, so I turned off my Adblock but it was not a noticable difference.
    You might try an adblocker anyway to see if it makes a difference.

What you describe sounds typical of various PUPs/PUMs that can get onto your machine and track what you are doing, intercept your browsing, send marketing information about you (what websites you visit), etc.
    It could also be an anti-virus issue, they do develop glitches just like everything else.
    If you use a 3rd party AV you could try refreshing/reinstalling it.

If you haven't already, I would suggest you run a junk cleaner and one or more malware/junkware scans.

I use and reccomend the following:

CCleaner - Cleans out junk and temp files. Run daily, or after a heavy browsing session.
    (DON'T use the registry cleaner, its a technicians tool not a general cleaning tool. It can break your machine if you don't know what you are doing).
    Be careful to untick the offer for Avast or Chrome when installing it, or use the slim or portable versions.
    https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/builds

MalwareBytes - Anti Malware and PUP/PUM removal. Full version runs real time alongside your AV as extra protection and has a scan tool for cleanup. Free version scans only.
    I run a scan at least weekly using the free, scan only, version.
    The download is an automatic 14 day trial of the full version. Changes to scan only after 14 days if you don't buy. (You can also turn off the trial once installed and use as scan only).
    https://www.malwarebytes.com/premium/

ADwCleaner - Removes adware, trackers, keyloggers, etc. Run if your computer slows down or if you think you may be infected.
    This doesn't install. Download it and run straight from the 'Download' folder. (Double click it in file explorer).
    https://www.malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner/

Those links are for the Windows versions, CCleaner and MalwareBytes have Mac and Android versions as well.

Usual disclaimers:
    I have no connection to the above companies, other than using their software.
    Other cleaner programmes are available. (I sometimes use another one for a 'second opinion').
    Last edited by nukecad; 12-20-2017 at 03:21 PM.
    I'm intelligent enough to know that I don't know everything.
    But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Here we are in February with a beautiful HOME Page that is easy to load. After that when clicking on 'FORUMS' it still takes 70 seconds to load using 200Mbs of fibre optic speed.

There is a major problem that the back room boys and girls aren't addressing - 'the website isn't working technically' and scammer posts are in abundance.

I hate to say it but I might decide to delete my profile and walk away unless you technical people get your act together and fix the problem.

Doesn't take 70 secs for mine to load and I haven't got fibre optic. 10 secs at the most

Haven't been on for a while i don't have issue with loading times but what's going on with all the odd posts? that look foreign or something and i couldn't find the start a new thread box just wondered what's going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post
    Here we are in February with a beautiful HOME Page that is easy to load. After that when clicking on 'FORUMS' it still takes 70 seconds to load using 200Mbs of fibre optic speed.

There is a major problem that the back room boys and girls aren't addressing - 'the website isn't working technically' and scammer posts are in abundance.

I hate to say it but I might decide to delete my profile and walk away unless you technical people get your act together and fix the problem.
    As said above this does sound like a problem with your machine, or settings, rather than the forum itself. Nobody else is reporting these long loading times.

Have you tried anything at your end to resolve this?
    Have you run any scans or cleanup tools?
    Have you checked that you are actualy getting 200Mbps at the router? (It's up to 200Mbps, doesn't mean you will get that).
    Many in big cities have reported that they are actualy only getting 3% of that at busy times, the Virgin infrastructure can't cope with the demand.
    https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...ction-download

And just because 200Mbps is being delivered to your router doesn't mean your router is delivering that speed to the computer, you need a router that is capable of transmitting that speed and a computer that is capable of receiving it.
    Your security software can also slow down the actual delivered speed.

You say that you have no problems on your phone, is this when the phone is connected to the wifi from that same router?
    (Or when using mobile data?)

What is your router make/model?
    Which Operating System are you using? (Which version?)
    What browser are you using when you get the delay?
    What anti-virus (and any other security programmes/firewalls/etc) are you running?

Answers to those might give a pointer to what the problem may be.

Quote Originally Posted by freedomeagle View Post
    Haven't been on for a while i don't have issue with loading times but what's going on with all the odd posts? that look foreign or something and i couldn't find the start a new thread box just wondered what's going on?
    It's a spam attack.

Apparently the Admin are trying to get on top of it, but I know from experience that it is almost impossible to stop.
    Think of it like the junk mail that comes through your letterbox, lots of stuff you don't want to see and no way to stop it without blocking genuine mail as well.
    The only real way to cope with spam is to have someone moderating and removing it multiple times every day.
    The forum mods here are DLF employees and only work during office hours, so it's not getting removed often enough.
    Last edited by nukecad; 02-04-2018 at 04:13 AM.

I've just discovered the problem!

Content blockers was enabled on this website only - problem solved - thanks everyone.

Regarding speeds

I use Fibre Optic Broadband by Virginmedia. Todays speed 178MB download speed. 12Mb upload speed.

It's 504% faster than average in my area. I how have no complaints about speed.

Good you found the cause of the problem, I was pretty sure that it was local to your machine.

We can't get virgin up here.
    Wifi at home might touch 4-5 Mbps on a good day.
    If I go across the road to the local the plusnet fibre there is usually about 50 to your device but gets to 100+ if there's not many phones in sharing it.

Thanks Nuke i had wondered if something wrong with the site or if i needed another trip to specsavers lol. Last time i'd come on before this with the spammers thing, everything seemed to be about mental health issues and people having a pop at others that's why i'd left it for a bit. Shame i liked this site when you used to get penpals on it before the spammers took over am going on about 13yrs ago!! Then when you could still swap messages on new one but now they've changed it so much seems to be heading back like it was all those years ago again. Can't even figure out how to start a thread now, sorry for writing it on yours light glad you sorted your going slow prob out.