Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spam or whatever they are called

Spam or whatever they are called

Hi all could someone please tell me how to get rid of all these spam posts that I keep getting, it’s ridiculous the amount now?
    Thank you

You can't, it is the site's filters that are at fault.
    All I do is ignore them, they are obvious, read the genuine posts and then click the mark site as read tab and you don't see them anymore unless someone is foolish enough to reply to one.

Quote Originally Posted by beau View Post
    You can't, it is the site's filters that are at fault.
    All I do is ignore them, they are obvious, read the genuine posts and then click the mark site as read tab and you don't see them anymore unless someone is foolish enough to reply to one.
    Thank you I had so many yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by Shelob View Post
    Thank you I had so many yesterday!
    Where is the mark site as read tab please, I’m worried about clicking on the wrong thing?

At the top of the page there is a black header that starts reading across "new posts" at the end of this list it says"Mark Forums read. You will only see that once you have clicked "new posts"

Quote Originally Posted by beau View Post
    At the top of the page there is a black header that starts reading across "new posts" at the end of this list it says"Mark Forums read. You will only see that once you have clicked "new posts"
    Thank you, I’ve just come on here and they have all gone and I didn’t do it.

The mods will have removed them during the day

Spam posts can be a PITA to deal with.

The mods do seem to be keeping an eye on it and removing them more frequently.
    Seems to be at least two/three times a day?
    Maybe the mod charged with this could look in every hour when they are at work? (Do it out of goodness, then ask for a pay rise for extra duties).

For the rest of us then as said above- use the 'New Posts' button to see everything that has been posted since you last logged in, just ignore any new post title that starts with "HTTPS:", read the rest, hit 'New Posts' again to check, and then hit 'Mark Forums Read' to take the spam posts from view.

The option is that the spam filters get turned up again and your own, non-spam, posts will get sent to moderation.
    It's a balance on which is the most anoying.

There is always lots of spam at this time of year, it usually calms down in a week or two.
    I'm intelligent enough to know that I don't know everything.
    But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    Spam posts can be a PITA to deal with.

The mods do seem to be keeping an eye on it and removing them more frequently.
    Seems to be at least two/three times a day?
    Maybe the mod charged with this could look in every hour when they are at work? (Do it out of goodness, then ask for a pay rise for extra duties).

For the rest of us then as said above- use the 'New Posts' button to see everything that has been posted since you last logged in, just ignore any new post title that starts with "HTTPS:", read the rest, hit 'New Posts' again to check, and then hit 'Mark Forums Read' to take the spam posts from view.

The option is that the spam filters get turned up again and your own, non-spam, posts will get sent to moderation.
    It's a balance on which is the most anoying.

There is always lots of spam at this time of year, it usually calms down in a week or two.
    Thank you, yes they all came back today!

Quote Originally Posted by Shelob View Post
    Thank you, yes they all came back today!
    I think you would find they were different ones not the others returning.
    Think the spammers are getting crafty, been some today not titled with "http". Will have to read the thread title carefully before opening.