Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ESA claim

ESA claim

My partner has been on esa income related for a long time his last medical was 4years ago he had a face to face medical yesterday that lasted for 10minutes the dr sent him home and said he will be putting on the support group as he’s to I’ll..my question is how much money do you get as I’m his carer atm and would he intitled to backpay? Any help would be appreciated thanks ????

It is not in the assessors jurisdiction to place anyone in a group, they can only recommend a group. It is up to the DWP Decision Maker to decide which group and they can go against what the assessor recommends.
    Just don't count your chickens until you have the official decision from the DWP in black and white.

Good luck.

Ok thank you if he did go onto support group (fingers crossed) and he receives pop aswell would he be looking to a increase in money or backdating as I’ve looked through different sites and it doesn’t make sense to me thank u

And do you know the waiting time to hear back what group he put in? Thanks

I'm sorry I can't answer those questions, I can only answer the basics. Be patient and someone will be along at some point who can

Ok thank you for your help ????

Has your partner been submitting fit notes ?
    Anything expressed is my opinion only and is offered in good faith. It is either from my own experiance or what I have learned on my journey. Take it for what it is or leave it alone. With best wishes D.

No he hasn’t had to do that for a long time

I am sure that one of our learned members will be along soon, but I suspect that your partner was already in the support group
    Anything expressed is my opinion only and is offered in good faith. It is either from my own experiance or what I have learned on my journey. Take it for what it is or leave it alone. With best wishes D.

I don’t think he is as he still had to attend job centre etc? But not give sick notes in I think he’s in income related? He received his esa form last April and only just had a medical