Thread: Smoking herion for 6 yrs i'm ready to stop but scared of asking for help any advice?

Smoking herion for 6 yrs i'm ready to stop but scared of asking for help any advice?

Hi i'm Clara i've been smoking H for 6 years and i've had enough it's time to pack it in but i'm scared of coming out incase it effects my daughter 7 years.
    I'm very close to my children and grandchildren and the thought of any of this effecting them breaks my heart. I've never spent a day away from my youngest were very close. My fear stops me going to the doctors can anyone offer advice?

You are doing your kids no favours at the moment. See this link https://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/drugs/Pa...treatment.aspx

You are destroying your health and have been for the entire length of your daughters life. Think about that for the moment. At age 7, they can see Mommy isn't well, and your destructive behaviour is teaching her bad habits

read the article - you are entitled to help, confidentiality and a key worker to help you. Meanwhile learn to avoidance places and peolple who would suck you back on the path. Support groups are helpful as well

Wow admitting you have a problem is the first step.

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Hi i'm Clara i've been smoking H for 6 years and i've had enough it's time to pack it in but i'm scared of coming out incase it effects my daughter 7 years.
    I'm very close to my children and grandchildren and the thought of any of this effecting them breaks my heart. I've never spent a day away from my youngest were very close. My fear stops me going to the doctors can anyone offer advice?
    Well done for admitting this, a big step as I well know. You could go to a drug agency if you have one near you, they will inform your Doctor though. Good luck

Thank you everyone xxx

I have a sister who at the approx age of 27 started Heroin in 1998 I think, I was 15 and she was hooked and suffered terribly with her health, she went on to use injections which amplified her problem with drugs, she found the courage to get help many years later although her problem was well known to us all, you can lead a horse to water and all that..

She was clean for a couple of years but now at the age of 48 she is still battling her addiction and is very near the end of her life and like you she had a child who is near the same age as your child and he knows..!! he knows all the things a child should not know at his age. He has anger and personnel issues one of which is asking our family when is Mammy going to die... It is so sad to see and be unable to do anything for her other than advise and help when needed..

You are on the very first step to recovery and you should be very proud of yourself Clara x... its starts and it ends ... if you want it too.. xx