Thread: Self employed WTC whilst disabled

Self employed WTC whilst disabled

I claim WTC but as I'm on Pip (high care ,low mobility) although I can work 16 hours a week on my business it only equates to approx £4 - £5 per hour. They checked my figures last year which were less than £4 per hour and told me that my WTC was stopping and I would have to pay back £8,000 I owed them from the previous year but gave no reason why. I queried it I they said they should have stated a reason and because they had made a mistake they would allow me to stay on WTC. But the guy said they could check it again.
    Am very worried that at the end of the tax year they will look at it again. I am aware that they want a self employed business to be making minimum wage but will they make any allowance for the fact I'm disabled.
    Was wondering if anyone had had a similar experience or new the law on it.
    Thanks Tone
    Last edited by Tone; 01-16-2018 at 01:05 PM.