Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38

Thread: Pip and recent changes

  1. #1

    Pip and recent changes

    Afternoon , I’m aware they had been many posts on the recent changes to descriptor 11 and mental health , could some one please simplify this for me , what the descriptors were before it was deemed unlawful in the case of MH and what the descriptors are now after the case of MH

    Thank you

  2. #2
    Yes, changes in bold:

    Old:

    1. Planning and following journeys.
    a. Can plan and follow the route of a journey unaided. 0 points.
    b. Needs prompting to be able to undertake any journey to avoid overwhelming psychological distress to the claimant. 4 points.
    c. Cannot plan the route of a journey. 8 points.
    d. Cannot follow the route of an unfamiliar journey without another person, assistance dog or orientation aid. 10 points.
    e. Cannot undertake any journey because it would cause overwhelming psychological distress to the claimant. 10 points.
    f. Cannot follow the route of a familiar journey without another person, an assistance dog or an orientation aid. 12 points.

    New as of March 2017(now no longer valid, the above are):

    1. Planning and following journeys.
    a. Can plan and follow the route of a journey unaided. 0 points.
    b. Needs prompting to be able to undertake any journey to avoid overwhelming psychological distress to the claimant. 4 points.
    c.For reasons other than psychological distress, cannot plan the route of a journey. 8 points.
    d. For reasons other than psychological distress, cannot follow the route of an unfamiliar journey without another person, assistance dog or orientation aid. 10 points.
    e. Cannot undertake any journey because it would cause overwhelming psychological distress to the claimant. 10 points.
    f. For reasons other than psychological distress, cannot follow the route of a familiar journey without another person, an assistance dog or an orientation aid. 12 points.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by RobcarerT View Post
    Yes, changes in bold:

    Old:

    1. Planning and following journeys.
    a. Can plan and follow the route of a journey unaided. 0 points.
    b. Needs prompting to be able to undertake any journey to avoid overwhelming psychological distress to the claimant. 4 points.
    c. Cannot plan the route of a journey. 8 points.
    d. Cannot follow the route of an unfamiliar journey without another person, assistance dog or orientation aid. 10 points.
    e. Cannot undertake any journey because it would cause overwhelming psychological distress to the claimant. 10 points.
    f. Cannot follow the route of a familiar journey without another person, an assistance dog or an orientation aid. 12 points.

    New as of March 2017(now no longer valid, the above are):

    1. Planning and following journeys.
    a. Can plan and follow the route of a journey unaided. 0 points.
    b. Needs prompting to be able to undertake any journey to avoid overwhelming psychological distress to the claimant. 4 points.
    c.For reasons other than psychological distress, cannot plan the route of a journey. 8 points.
    d. For reasons other than psychological distress, cannot follow the route of an unfamiliar journey without another person, assistance dog or orientation aid. 10 points.
    e. Cannot undertake any journey because it would cause overwhelming psychological distress to the claimant. 10 points.
    f. For reasons other than psychological distress, cannot follow the route of a familiar journey without another person, an assistance dog or an orientation aid. 12 points.
    My husband won his appeal for PIP 11/10/17, and was awarded from 16/11/2016 to 15/11/2020.

    He was awarded 13 points for daily allowance which is not relevant to my question.

    He was awarded 8 points for mobility 4 for moving around, and 4 points under (1B)- Will these changes affect the points that he may or may not get now?

    Would he or would he not qualify for c, d and f?

    Any help as always is appreciated.

  4. #4
    Hey Trojan I’m in the same position would it be worth while writing to them and asking them to look at descriptor 11?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan64 View Post
    My husband won his appeal for PIP 11/10/17, and was awarded from 16/11/2016 to 15/11/2020.

    He was awarded 13 points for daily allowance which is not relevant to my question.

    He was awarded 8 points for mobility 4 for moving around, and 4 points under (1B)- Will these changes affect the points that he may or may not get now?

    Would he or would he not qualify for c, d and f?

    Any help as always is appreciated.
    Possibly may have been, from what you say it sounds like he got enhanced anyway though?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by NN1907 View Post
    Hey Trojan I’m in the same position would it be worth while writing to them and asking them to look at descriptor 11?
    Yes I will do NN1907, thanks for your input.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by RobcarerT View Post
    Possibly may have been, from what you say it sounds like he got enhanced anyway though?
    Thanks for reply RobcarerT.

    Husband got enhanced for daily living and scored 8 points for mobility, which was awarded by the Tribunal, standard rate for mobility.

    The DWP had awarded 0 points for both daily and mobility which was appealed.

    I reported the assessor for fabricating the events that took place at the original WCA, which is currently under investigation,i am sure others have fallen victims to these made up reports that clearly punish the sick and disabled.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by RobcarerT View Post
    Possibly may have been, from what you say it sounds like he got enhanced anyway though?
    Thanks for reply RobcarerT.

    Husband got enhanced for daily living and scored 8 points for mobility, which was awarded by the Tribunal, standard rate for mobility.

    The DWP had awarded 0 points for both daily and mobility which was appealed.

    I reported the assessor for fabricating the events that took place at the original WCA, which is currently under investigation,i am sure others have fallen victims to these made up reports that clearly punish the sick and disabled.

  9. #9
    Your husband has the same points as me , maybe write a letter pointing out that it has been decided that the exclusion of “psychological distress” in descriptor 11 has been decided that it was an error in law . Your husbands cases was decided under the unlawful descriptor 11, and that your asking them to look at points scored in descriptor 11 ONLY .m with the recent changes Maybe write some facts about how and why you feel he meets another descriptor - maybe include any medical evidence that references the difficulties

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by NN1907 View Post
    Your husband has the same points as me , maybe write a letter pointing out that it has been decided that the exclusion of “psychological distress” in descriptor 11 has been decided that it was an error in law . Your husbands cases was decided under the unlawful descriptor 11, and that your asking them to look at points scored in descriptor 11 ONLY .m with the recent changes Maybe write some facts about how and why you feel he meets another descriptor - maybe include any medical evidence that references the difficulties
    Thanks for that NN1907,

    Am I right in thinking the Tribunal would not have considered awarding points under description 11 because of this mistake, error in law?

    In other words but for the discrimination at that time, and giving the points already awarded by the Tribunal, more likely than not, the Tribunal could have been in a position to award points under description 11, thanks Debbie.

Similar Threads

  1. will appeal decision over rule recent WCA
    By nufclad147 in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-24-2017, 06:42 AM
  2. Recent PIP assessment
    By Lindz38 in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-28-2017, 07:58 PM
  3. Wanting advice with recent diagnoses
    By mike199022 in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-03-2016, 08:19 PM
  4. PIP and recent medicals
    By mikeydt1 in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-04-2012, 11:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •