Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Car Ordered, Grant Team Contacted

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post
    If you are working then phone Access to Work to ask for a contriution towards the deposit. As long as you can demonstrate trying to source money towards the deposit AND put forward a reason why no other vehicle is suitable e.g. you feel more confident driving a VW and it meets your access needs.

    If you tell them you need £1500 they'll ask what you could contribute - just say £200 and that'll be fine.

    NOTE If you've already signed on the dotted line and you've committed yourself to a lease/hire agreement then Access to Work won't offer any money.

    Thank you for your helpful reply. I’m on ESA support group so I wouldn’t qualify for that I don’t think? I am selling a car I got on finance prior to becoming disabled that I’ve been struggling to afford and using the sale money (After cleaning the finance balance) to find towards the AP. But of course I’m short an amount.

  2. #12
    Thank you for this. I did have a look at the BMW X1 but the seat height is just too low. I thought the pricing was however good for a premium brand.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by cbchapman View Post
    I haven’t ordered the AWD so I’m not sure where you have got that from? I ordered the 2WD Auto in the Sel because it meets my needs. Isn’t that why we all choose a car? No need to be so judgemental. All of my issues are to do with my back and neck so I require the seating to be comfy, able to position the chair correctly and have sufficient lumbar support. The SE range doesn’t offer that at all. The tailgate it’s required because again due to my back injury I am unable to pull the weight of the boot lid down. Also where have I said I’m driving the car on the highway? Seriously you presumed numerous things and I actually find your comments rude. This is a support forum not a place to judge people.
    No one is judging you, you have asked for advice on an open forum, of you had given all these facts upfront we would have had a better picture. Anyway any success with the grants system, plus I only found out yesterday when ordering your car mobility will pay a £1000 towards the adaptation, unfortunately I will have to pay the full amount, I already have my car.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by cbchapman View Post
    There isn’t a lowered powered version? I choose the 150bhp which is the lowest one. The spec chosen SEL is because of the seats that come with it which I require for my disability. Choosing the lower spec and adding the seats costs even more than getting the SEl. Unfortunately someone above decided to presume and judge what I had ordered!
    I am obliged for your clarification and wish you well with your Motability lease. I only ever offer general advice as I feel we should all try and help each other and not judge. We all have enough issues in life and this forum should be a "haven" for discussion's and help, and perhaps humour, about various matters which affect all our lives.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscarmax View Post
    No one is judging you, you have asked for advice on an open forum, of you had given all these facts upfront we would have had a better picture. Anyway any success with the grants system, plus I only found out yesterday when ordering your car mobility will pay a £1000 towards the adaptation, unfortunately I will have to pay the full amount, I already have my car.
    Sorry it came across like that because you presumed I had ordered the four wheel drive and also a higher powered brake horse powered vehicle. And the mention to do with my anxiety yet driving on the highway wasn’t really needed, was it?

    Anyway thank you. Everything has been accepted motabiltiy application end so just waiting on the grants team end. When you say they will pay £1000 towards adaptations, does that include optional extras, as in electric tailgate? Or is it more like a hoist?

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by fwipperie View Post
    I am obliged for your clarification and wish you well with your Motability lease. I only ever offer general advice as I feel we should all try and help each other and not judge. We all have enough issues in life and this forum should be a "haven" for discussion's and help, and perhaps humour, about various matters which affect all our lives.
    Thank you. This is exactly it.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by fwipperie View Post
    I am obliged for your clarification and wish you well with your Motability lease. I only ever offer general advice as I feel we should all try and help each other and not judge. We all have enough issues in life and this forum should be a "haven" for discussion's and help, and perhaps humour, about various matters which affect all our lives.
    Thank you. This is exactly it.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by cbchapman View Post
    Sorry it came across like that because you presumed I had ordered the four wheel drive and also a higher powered brake horse powered vehicle. And the mention to do with my anxiety yet driving on the highway wasn’t really needed, was it?

    Anyway thank you. Everything has been accepted motabiltiy application end so just waiting on the grants team end. When you say they will pay £1000 towards adaptations, does that include optional extras, as in electric tailgate? Or is it more like a hoist?
    No need to say sorry I have a brain injury and struggle with my reading and grammar, I ask quite blunt question without thinking. I can understand why you are a bit defensive, when I acquired my disability it took a long while to accept it, plus we are now felt to feel like second class citizens, not helped by some on the comments expressed by the government.

    I was trying to find out your car needs like use you could tow a caravan, I was going to suggest the Ford Kuga 1.5 Titanium X and ST X Powershift they come fully loaded keyless, rear camera and power tailgate £1395 and £1495, it has self parking and many other safety feature which may help you like a heated front screen and led light which are all expensive option on VW and BMW etc.

    The other reason I ask about your anxiety my wife suffers from anxiety when a passenger and has only driven her car les then 50 miles 9 years, it is still like new. They control my anxiety following my head injury with some medication. My Neurosurgeons and my GP say I am safe to drive and that was 12 + years ago.

    My wife contacted the Mobility cars yesterday as regards the grants scheme if you order a hoist at the time of the AP they will pay 98 - 99% toward the hoist, if you need a hoist after the AP you have to be assessed, loads of paperwork and means tested as they have very limited funds. We will have to pay for ours.

    Not sure about options in your case, anyway good luck with your search have a look at the Ford Kuga 1.5 Powershift Titanium x and ST X far more goodies than the VW Tiguan, we have the Zetec model which tows our caravan and space for our 2 dogs.

  9. #19
    Just thought I’d update everyone.

    Motability grants team have been great! They didn’t pressurise me into an alternative car but of course suggested other brands, such a the RAV4 and the Kuga.

    Anyway, I’m not sure how the whole grants process works but recieved an email from my case manager late yesterday to say they will fund the advance payment of £1999? Which means I only need to pay £140 as this is for the optional extras. I added the electric tailgate and keyless start which was £660 but got a £520 discount.

    Hopefully should get a letter in the post tomorrow or Saturday. Just seems a little odd as I only ever anticipated them paying £500 - £1139 for the shortfall. Obviously I am overwhelmed and very excited to collect my car March 1st! Can finally relax and not have to worry about the financials. This scheme is brilliant!!
    Last edited by cbchapman; 02-08-2018 at 04:10 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Lifetime DLA to PIP, already ordered a new car!?
    By Louloux in forum Motoring - help & advice on cars for disabled people, Blue Badge and Motability
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-22-2016, 07:51 AM
  2. DWP haven't contacted me about severe disability premium
    By karljt in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-19-2016, 09:57 AM
  3. New car ordered!!!
    By Shorty in forum Motoring - help & advice on cars for disabled people, Blue Badge and Motability
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 01-29-2016, 09:50 PM
  4. New Car Ordered
    By DizzyDee in forum Motoring - help & advice on cars for disabled people, Blue Badge and Motability
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-15-2014, 11:15 PM
  5. New car ordered !!!
    By Maureen in forum Motoring - help & advice on cars for disabled people, Blue Badge and Motability
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-26-2013, 01:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •