Thread: DLA stopped PIP claim refused

DLA stopped PIP claim refused

I am a single person .
    My claim for PIP was unsuccessful despite being in receipt of DLA since 1997 .
    My illness causing disability is Schizophrenia and I was successful at appeal for keeping ESA and being in the support group for 3 years which takes me up to August '18 .
    But because PIP was refused I've had a big drop in money and lost a premium off my weekly money .
    I'm not sure what I'm entitled to weekly .
    Can someone tell me?

Hi did you appeal? I was refused both ESA and PIP and also failed MR on both. I went on to win trbunal appeals on both

Quote Originally Posted by friskimagic View Post
    Hi did you appeal? I was refused both ESA and PIP and also failed MR on both. I went on to win trbunal appeals on both
    What I meant was ,when I applied for PIP initially I received a letter from the DWP saying I wasn't entitled and my claim was disallowed . I think this was because I couldn't face a face to face and asked for a paper assessment .
    So I never got chance to fill the next form in .
    I have lost £300 a month which was my DLA and £60 a week from my fortnightly money .
    Last edited by Starman; 02-14-2018 at 11:07 AM.

I don't think that would have disallowed your claim at the first stage; to be disallowed for refusing a face-to-face you would have to have completed the PIP application form and been given an appointment for a face-to-face. I think you need to contact them and ask what the actual reason was, and then possibly start a new claim.

As advised previously, back in November, you failed to attend 2 assessments and so they closed your claim.
    http://www.youreable.com/forums/show...02-Lost-my-DLA

I understand that you did not get a PIP2 to fill in, but the form is only part of the assessment, assessments can be carried out without the form.

It was the 2 failures to attend that caused the claim to be closed (and DLA ended).
    Again I understand that you say you could not attend for medical reasons, but did you tell then that, did you provide any evidence of that?

You have never said whether you appealed or asked for a revision of the decision?

It's a bit late for appeal, but it could be possible to make a late appeal or you may still be able to ask for a revision.
    You need to get personal help from a welfare advisor with this, someone who can look at all your letters. (CAB or similar).

Failing that then you can make a new claim for PIP.

To your question about ESA, you will have lost the Severe Disability Premium (£62.45/week) because you no longer have DLA or PIP.
    If you get PIP back (by revision or by a new claim) then the premium will start being paid again.

You should currently be getting:
    ESA personal allowance + Support Component + Enhanced Disability Premium
    £73.10 + £36.55 + £15.90
    So a total ESA payment of £125.55 a week (£251.10 a fortnight).
    Last edited by nukecad; 02-14-2018 at 11:53 AM.
    I'm intelligent enough to know that I don't know everything.
    But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by noisynoodle View Post
    I don't think that would have disallowed your claim at the first stage; to be disallowed for refusing a face-to-face you would have to have completed the PIP application form and been given an appointment for a face-to-face. I think you need to contact them and ask what the actual reason was, and then possibly start a new claim.
    You must be partly right because I have their letter in front of me ,sorry my illness makes me forget . It says I was disallowed because I didn't attend the face to face appointment and the assessor couldn't do a paper based one .
    How long have I to wait before I can put in another claim ?
    Isn't there something going on now where those with mental illnesses don't gave to go for a face to face ?

Other than that can you tell me what my weekly money should be ? I can't find my papers .
    I have a lot less income now as I said earlier what I've lost .
    I am on ESA in support group . £ 120 a week rings a bell .
    What will that be made up of ?

We cross posted, my post above tell you what you should be getting paid as ESA now.

Thanks very much for all of that.
    No I didn't appeal .

The news that I'd lost my entitlement knocked me even more poorly in my mind.
    My GP has left her and sold her practice and the Drs who come and stand in don't know me ,how I'm going to get supporting evidence for a new claim I don't know .
    Last edited by Starman; 02-14-2018 at 12:33 PM.

There still may be a chance to appeal or ask for a revision, but as I say someone will need to see all the paperwork about just what happened to be able to advise/help you.

There is nothing to stop you making a new PIP claim at any time.
    It's likely that they will still ask to see you, even if you fill in a new PIP2 form, either at their assessment centre or at home.
    They ask to see most people, if you supply a doctors note saying you can't attend then they could see you at home.
    Very few are done on paperwork only. (Usually terminal patients, or where a doctor says it could be dangerous for you to have a face to face assessment).
    So again you idealy need a local welfare advisor to help you make a new claim.