Thread: Buying the correct stairlift ??

Question Buying the correct stairlift ??

Has anyone bought a "standing up" stair lift. This is my first time stair lift buying but I definitely need a stand up version or one that doubles as both. That way it is quicker and easier to stand to get on and off it and I currently have no issues with balance particularly as I am sure they'd have a hand rail.

Which companies are best and has anyone had experience of buying one like I describe ?

Also can you give me the low down on "do's and don'ts" of buying and getting the fitted correctly ?

Is there is a cheaper way of getting them fitted perhaps ?

I am not eligible for grants or social services help as I come in at the £16,000 above in savings- so that's out. Unless you know a system that cuts past that- but frankly I feel a bit unworthy of that type help to be honest when others struggle with no money. That should cover the questions. Oh I am not weighing to much, I am only 13 stone approx. by the way. So stair lift wise I could have anything.

Many thanks

I have severe balance problems and I use a seated one with a seat belt. In this rip off era for disability you will find them very expensive, mine cost almost £5000 several years ago. An alternative could be a refurbished one that come in a little cheaper, but not by much.
    Like you I had to pay for mine, no help out there at all. Penance for working, scrimping, scraping and saving all my life.
    As a thought, have you looked at through floor lifts if you have the space, they may suit you better but of course much more expensive.

Ipswich, Suffolk

MediTek Stand and Perch

Have you considered the MediTek Stand and Perch model? In my experience, MediTek produce high quality stairlifts which prove very reliable in use.