Thread: dfg grant

dfg grant

hi does any one now how many dfg grants you can have? I had one when i moved into my current home which is a housing association 3 years ago. I am due to inherite a one bedroom bungerlow soon which is not big enough for me, being a wheelchair user i cant even get in the front door, i would like to be able to live in it, but would need alot of work first.

It is five years before you can re-apply however it best to talk to local council as this change a lot
    hope this help

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by faybingmc View Post
    hi does any one now how many dfg grants you can have? I had one when i moved into my current home which is a housing association 3 years ago. I am due to inherite a one bedroom bungerlow soon which is not big enough for me, being a wheelchair user i cant even get in the front door, i would like to be able to live in it, but would need alot of work first.
    depends on council funds also its only 3 years since last, if new grant is for same type of work as its less than 5 might be a problem contact your council

had a feeling 5 years could be involed, as i had to sign a contract to stay here for that amount of time. problem is if i rent it out the bungerlow for the time i fall short of rent here, Im allready been caught with bedroom tax as one bedroom was converted into a wetroom housing association wont down grade it to a 3 bed house.

Quote Originally Posted by faybingmc View Post
    had a feeling 5 years could be involed, as i had to sign a contract to stay here for that amount of time. problem is if i rent it out the bungerlow for the time i fall short of rent here, Im allready been caught with bedroom tax as one bedroom was converted into a wetroom housing association wont down grade it to a 3 bed house.
    Would it be worth talking to the HA to see if you can do a deal. Somewhere in the back of my mind I remember people getting paid to move out of much needed properties.