Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: won esa appeal found unfit to work but just found out ive been placed in wrag

won esa appeal found unfit to work but just found out ive been placed in wrag

hi can anyone give some advice please i won my esa appeal was found unfit to work and a order placed for 12 months what ever that means ,but just found out ive been placed in wrag but i thought the whole point of me appealing was that i am unable to work and the fact that i won everything would be the same as before the appeal ,and now have been placed in wrag this has confused me so much i am claiming income based support allowance for myself and my partner who cares for me
    Last edited by booogie123; 03-25-2013 at 08:24 PM.

Was you in the esa work group and appealed to be put into the support group? If that's what you mean and you won then you're right it doesn't make sense, but if you had been turned down for esa and then won your appeal to be put onto esa then the work group is stating that you are unfit to work at the moment but that your situation is either going to improve or that you will be able to get some work when you've had help etc regarding your health to get into some sort of work, they usually say how long it will take for this and by the sound of it in your case they are saying it will take 12months for them to help you or for your condition to improve. A lot of people with conditions that will never improve have found themselves in that group. I'm sure others on here will be able to give you more details etc

i was on is before the appeal with a premium for being sick won my appeal and put on income related esa which i am getting now got all my arrears paid back what they owed me now they say i am in wrag and need to attend a work related actvity meeting

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by booogie123 View Post
    i was on is before the appeal with a premium for being sick won my appeal and put on income related esa which i am getting now got all my arrears paid back what they owed me now they say i am in wrag and need to attend a work related actvity meeting
    someone will be along to tell you what happens at interviews i think there will be more than one interview

Being in the WRAG means the DWP accepts you are too sick to work. However, it thinks you aren't so sick that you can never work. So, they ask you to attend work-focused interviews to examine the barriers preventing you from being able to work and whether these can be overcome.

If you think you have health problems that mean you have no realistic prospect of returning to work, you may be able to ask them to place you in the support group - provided you meet the criteria, i.e. are sick enough. Bear in mind any decision can either work in your favour or against you.

If you're placed in the support group, you don't need to attend WFIs.

Who makes the decision which group you are placed in - ATOS or DWP please?

atos recommend to dwp but the decision can be changed by decision maker or not

Thank you Slipmaster. I have been in WRAG Group for 2 years and didn't know I could appeal decision, only just discovered this. My Consultants tell me there is no real likelihood of returning to work. I have tried to do voluntary work, however have not been able to do it due to my health and mobility. I should have had an ATOS interview beginning January, but that was cancelled, 2 further dates have had to be rearranged, and I am awaiting a date anytime now. Heaven knows what decision they will come to. I have no faith in them, I certainly don't believe they are supportive of our conditions.

If I am to remain in WRAG, does anyone know if I can appeal this, and how do I go about it?

yes you can appeal once you get decision if your not happy with it download form GL24 and send it to dwp within 1 month of their decision

Thank you Slipmaster - will let you all know how I get on.