PDA

View Full Version : New Camera........

stree
01-01-18, 11:33
I will be learning to use my new Sony A6000...............

Lighttouch
01-01-18, 18:46
I bought a GoPro6 Black Hero camera.
A spur of the moment - 1 click purchase on the internet.
It’s an action camera that I’m thinking of selling - all offers considered.

stree
02-01-18, 14:45
I think you can tell by the fact that yours is the only response to my camera post, that the amount of people interested in photography here amounts to.............practically nil

Shelob
02-01-18, 18:28
I love photography, only got my iPhone though. Would show you a pic I took of the sunrise this morning, however don’t know how or if you can put pics on here.

Shelob
02-01-18, 18:36

One of the pics I took

Lighttouch
02-01-18, 19:03
I think photography allows people to get creative and learn about composition. I joined a local photographic society when I bought my first \point and shoot' digital camera. The maximum size image you could take was 3 mega pixels - which is really small in comparison to wat's about today.

However, I took lots of pictures at an open air museum called 'Beamish' that's up North.

I created a montage of several photos in photoshop and put it into the local Annual photo competition - it wiped the floor with all entries winning
- best open class photo
- best colour print and
- overall winner of all three categories as the best photo

I got three cups and a box of photographic paper!

I was on a learning curve as the montage took me about 10 hours to create but it was worth it. Very satisfying.

In a few weeks time I'm attending a disabled persons photo club where we will try out studio photography - it sounds promising.

nukecad
02-01-18, 20:06

One of the pics I took

Oops, looks like you were doing your excersises and stood on your head?

I still prefer my 35mm film (yes film not digital) kit.
When you only have 36 pics on a roll (and you cant see the results before you develop it) you put a lot more thought into your composition before pressing the button.

Shelob
03-01-18, 08:38
Lol I was, not sure why that happened.

Shelob
03-01-18, 08:39
I think photography allows people to get creative and learn about composition. I joined a local photographic society when I bought my first \point and shoot' digital camera. The maximum size image you could take was 3 mega pixels - which is really small in comparison to wat's about today.

However, I took lots of pictures at an open air museum called 'Beamish' that's up North.

I created a montage of several photos in photoshop and put it into the local Annual photo competition - it wiped the floor with all entries winning
- best open class photo
- best colour print and
- overall winner of all three categories as the best photo

I got three cups and a box of photographic paper!

I was on a learning curve as the montage took me about 10 hours to create but it was worth it. Very satisfying.

In a few weeks time I'm attending a disabled persons photo club where we will try out studio photography - it sounds promising.

Brilliant well done, wish their was something like that around me?

stree
03-01-18, 18:05
Impressive Beamish compilation ! I can see why it won on all counts..........