PDA

View Full Version : help and advice

ian-hughes-t10
06-26-2012, 02:22 PM
hi im looking for someone who could help me finding good and cheap second hand manual wheelchairs or parts i live in manchester finding it hard with price

Mark.S
07-11-2012, 02:22 AM
hi im looking for someone who could help me finding good and cheap second hand manual wheelchairs or parts i live in manchester finding it hard with price

I dont know if it helps. but yr local council has a place where they restore old chair (well at lest my one in london does) you could find it and ask if they are willing to sell you some parts. I was luckly the 2 times I went they just gave me them.

Hope it helps

Lighttouch
07-11-2012, 01:22 PM

If your wheelchair is out of action you could hire a manual wheelchair from the 'British Red Cross' for a short term loan of up to 8 weeks. Cost £20 to hire and if you wanted it delivering and picking up an additional £20.

Manchester City Council's Disability Service Centre could come out to assess your needs and could supply you with a free manual wheelchair if you need to use it inside and outside. Call 0161 611 3784 or 0161 611 3814 - if the numbers are busy press '5' for ring back.

Don't forget towns have 'Shopmobility scooters and wheelchairs to hire out for the day - like at the Trafford Centre.

Hope this helps.

kafouser
08-02-2012, 10:13 PM
One in my garage. A bit past its best, but it goes. I won't use it. Get your contact details to me (in a non-public way, somehow) and I'll get it to you, no cost. It's just clutter as far as I'm concerned!

rickbat
09-23-2012, 09:13 PM
if you talk to your doctor he can refer you to the wheelchair service provided by the NHS, they will loan you a wheelchair for as long as you need it, it could take a couple of weeks to get you one depending on what exactly your needs are but well worth it, if you're not too picky about a wheelchair and a normal one will do you could come out of the apointment in the new wheelchair, any maintenance/repairs the wheelchair needs you call them and they will fix it.