PDA

View Full Version : any one know about Puff switchs

Mark.S
07-10-2012, 05:06 PM
Hello all, I,m new to the forum. I came on here to ask a question.

My brother in law has brain damage from a heat attack 2 years ago, and has no body control.

The family are thinking about making life better for him, as of now he lives in a home and is dependent on the nursing care to do stuff for him as well as the family when they go and visit ( this is not good for him as he can wait long times for ppl to do stuff for him ). This is very frustrating for him as he cant put tv on or change channel same with radio. He has nothing to do all day.

I have been looking into the puff switch technology. and would like to know if any ones used it how it fairs.

So the questions i have are:

1. how hard is it to get use too?.

2. how well can it be adapted to things ie a computer, tv, lights, ect ( i mean bed side lamps ). or do I need more then one to use on multi items.

3. what prices are we talking about to get this.

4. Where is the best places to look for this, as I know that a lot of places that sell things for disable ppl tend to like to inflate prices. I have looked at some websites, but no confident in choosing the right thing.

If any one can put some light on this question It would be a great help.

kafouser
08-02-2012, 10:08 PM
Kit exists. I've seen it in action. It used to be called POSSUM, but that's well obsolete. Talk to REMAP www.remap.org.uk Contact details on their site. They're a charity, so you won't be ripped off!
Good luck.

alanesq
08-12-2012, 06:04 AM
Hi Mark.S
I was just wondering if you found anything suitable because if not this should be something which I could have a try at making ?
(if there is not already something available and not overly expensive?)