PDA

View Full Version : Personal Hygiene

rogerschwartz
01-05-2013, 10:04 AM
As a disabled person with limited dexterity, I have difficulty in cleaning my bottom after No.2s!:mad: Can anyone recommend a bottom wiper that actually works - there seem to be several of the market with varying reviews:confused:. I have in mind the Buckingham standard model (AA250 I believe. Thanks.:)

firebird
01-05-2013, 10:16 AM
If you can afford it there is a toilet that washes and dries your bottom. Don't remember what its called but I'm sure we can find it by googling, or someone else may remember reading about it. Of course this doesn't help when you are not at home.

slipmaster
01-05-2013, 10:01 PM
yes toilet (clos O mat) absolutly brilliant just had one fitted by OccTherapist from coucil No struggle no assistance no loss dignity

Lighttouch
01-06-2013, 05:37 PM
Several years ago I went touring Japan for three weeks. One thing you noticed in Tokyo hotels were the toilets! You needed a guidebook on how to set and operate the loo! You could adjust the temperate of the seat. Wash and blow dry.

http://paulrossman.com/blog/2007/04/16/toilet-fires-breaking-out-across-japan/

Even in service stations the toilets were immaculate. When you approached a urinal or toilet it would flush itself to give you a fresh pan - everything was hands free - even the sink dispensed liquid soap. ran water then dried your hands in the bowl - very clever and hygienic.

sea queen
01-06-2013, 05:56 PM
Yes the clos-o-mat is good my daughters operate by being able to push either elbow/arm onto a bar at the back this will wash (initaillly warm water which cools after awhile) then once you release your elbow/arm from the bar it will blow dry.

slipmaster
01-07-2013, 04:18 PM
there's also a foot pad switch if elbows are no good