PDA

View Full Version : Wheelchair and crutch accessories group

Lighttouch
11-09-2014, 11:35 AM
Checking out various posts I think there is a need to pool ideas together on what's out there to 'pimp your ride' or pimp your crutch.

Disabled People are no different to anyone else. If I'm out and about using disability related products then I like to feel good about myself.

If you have any good ideas to links for

- custom crutches
- wheelchair friendly and stylish clothing - tips too
- dos and don'ts for wheelchair safety
- whatever else springs to mind

Lighttouch
11-10-2014, 02:21 PM
Wheelchair hybrid add on motors

This 'add on' motor seems very popular. I've seen them being promoted at Exhibition Fairs. Coet excluding wheelchair is about £4000.

ATT add on drive. http://www.aatgb.com/solo_ad_on_power_wheelchair.html

http://youtu.be/jt2OXj9xs8c

Lighttouch
11-10-2014, 02:41 PM
Wheelchair hybrid 'add on' motor

The Light Drive http://www.benoitsystemes.com/minotor2.html

http://youtu.be/9phRh5OH_v0

reddivine
11-11-2014, 12:01 PM
These aren't exactly "accesories" LT, they are an integral part of the wheelchair!
Accessories for me, is the bag I clip on the back, the waterproof trousers for crap weather (bought at the local hiking shop) and a waterproof poncho.
Tho ideas for making me visible in these dark evenings might be good. With going all reflective jacket. Bit o style please!

reddivine
11-11-2014, 12:17 PM
This is my bag on the back: http://www.simplantex.co.uk/category.php?id=1
although I got mine 2nd hand from Preloved.
Many ponchos on ebay......might not be fashion a la mode but beats a wet bum!

Theres also Blingsticks and a zillion more suppliers of jazzy sticks....google away! Preloved and ebay and amazon are good if you want to keep the cost down.

wobblywife
11-27-2014, 04:12 PM
When I first started losing my mobility, I went to these guys for elbow crutches. I was determined to have leopard print and possibly even tie scarves around them in a Steven Tyler from Aerosmith fashion (lol). They're not cheap but they're exceptionally good quality compared to the NHS standards.

http://www.cool-crutches.co.uk/

hobohomer
11-29-2014, 09:43 PM
Hi all,does anybody know if you can get crutch holders for mobility scooters as I still try to walk as much as I can and would like to use scooter to get about and then maybe use crutches when entering shops,if so can you tell me where to go for them and how much they cost
Cheers

beau
11-29-2014, 10:08 PM
Loads on EBay of different styles http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1311.R1.TR2.TRC1.A0.H0.Xsco oter+crutch+holder&_nkw=mobility+scooter+crutch+holder&_sacat=0
Shops that sell disability aids. Be canny as the item will be the same but a vast difference in price.

hobohomer
12-02-2014, 09:57 AM
Loads on EBay of different styles http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1311.R1.TR2.TRC1.A0.H0.Xsco oter+crutch+holder&_nkw=mobility+scooter+crutch+holder&_sacat=0
Shops that sell disability aids. Be canny as the item will be the same but a vast difference in price.

Thanks beau,I never knew there was so much choice

catlover
12-02-2014, 01:26 PM
Has anyone got any idea to improvise (or buy cheaply) something to attach a crutch/stick to a scooter as a temporary measure, e.g. when you hire a scooter that does not have a crutch holder but you can't (or don't want to) fix something costly or permanent to the scooter? I usually end up with it balanced awkwardly somewhere and it inevitably falls off when you go around a bend. Some way of attaching it to the tiller so that it can be propped up but can't fall over perhaps?

Lighttouch
12-02-2014, 05:29 PM
The only way I got around this was or is to lie the crutch horizontal on the scooter. The elbow crutch part is at the front and I slip the elbow crutch under the seat but between my legs. It seems to work for me if an elbow crutch holder isn't attached and it's cheap!

catlover
12-02-2014, 05:36 PM
Afraid that wouldn't work for me, LT, as I'd have to bend down to do that and bending is a problem for me.

Lighttouch
12-02-2014, 06:01 PM
Afraid that wouldn't work for me, LT, as I'd have to bend down to do that and bending is a problem for me.

My trick is to do it when seated - no problem at all!

catlover
12-02-2014, 06:04 PM
still have to bend over in a way that I find difficult unfortunately.

jamesjoy
05-06-2015, 10:06 AM
Hey,

Thanks to all to give a wonderful chance to be part of your life.

There are so many online resources and store available where you can buy wheel-chairs, mobility scooters and crutch accessories at lowest prices. I'm very thankful to Amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com), Ebay.com (http://www.Ebay.com), Activeforever.com (http://www.Activeforever.com) and mobilitycare.com (http://www.mobilitycare.com) for all type of mobility aids.

Thanks!!!

catlover
05-06-2015, 06:52 PM
I found a simple solution to my improvised crutch holder - a simple piece of Velcro. works with my portable scooter. The crutch sits in a small storage area at deck level (not sure what on earth you would store in there!) and the Velcro is used to "tie" it to the tiller. works due to the slender tiller.

reddivine
03-03-2016, 09:51 AM
hi there, this is quite an old thread but i suggest pictures of the items and a description (name/make would be helpful) Also WHERE you are, whether these are stuff that can be posted or need to be picked up.
And IF it was an accident, check they don't belong to the hospital/physio dept!

Lighttouch
04-13-2016, 10:44 AM
Well, today is interesting. In the home I prefer to get about using a four wheeled kitchen trolley with two shelves. It makes it easy to carry stuff around. However, the wheels are not spinning as they should so Social Services are dropping off a free replacement this afternoon.

Car wheelchair hoist . . .
I've bitten the bullet and decided to buy a car hoist to lift and swing my manual wheelchair plus motor plus battery into the hatch and out again.

He's fitting a frame to the boot area and will add a 80kg hoist. It’ll be very tight as my wheelchair was deliberately constructed where the handles/backrest don’t fold dow4n - long story.

The idea is that I want to be able to use the wheelchair for times where I use it for say 30 minutes before packing it back in the boot. I wouldn’t entertain that idea if I have to manually lift the wheelchair, motor and battery out then put it all back - a real pain for short journeys - literally!

I’ll try to post some pictures later.

Anewbeginning
04-13-2016, 09:33 PM
I know this is an old thread, but hopefully someone might be able to help. I use lovely NHS standard issue crutches, prior to this I was just using sticks which I have in a vast array of colours and patterns but sadly they aren't effective enough for me. I'd like to get some pretty crutches (I'm a girl who likes to colour coordinate to my outfits lol.) I like the 'cool crutches' but I have problems with a re-occurring shoulder dislocation and could do with something that meant I didn't have to bear my weight in that way. I've seen a stranger recently who had a crutch that looked like it supported the arm better but can't find them on an Internet search, I found a similar set but not quite what I was looking for. My Rhematologist says I'm keeping orthotics in business so I don't want to keep going back to them as I dont want them to think "oh it's that flipping woman back again," so if anyone knows what I mean and where I can get them from, please let me know! I would post a picture if the similar ones but not sure how to..
X

Lighttouch
04-13-2016, 09:56 PM
NHS one5s are just about functional for six weeks. But if you are a permanent crutch user you need ones with an ergonomic grip. I also prefer open cuff versions so you can wear any thickness garment and it won't get caught on the cuff.

I can only use one crutch but it's a cool carbon fibre black version.

Anewbeginning
04-13-2016, 10:12 PM
You can never go wrong with black ;-) I've had this lovely pair for 5 years but only used them on and off, I propped myself up on a pushchair for a good few years and gave in to using these full time last year after a couple of years with sticks. I'm supposed to use two but don't most of the time especially if my little one is with me but will probably get a pair. The ones I like the look of are similar to something called smartcrutch if you've come across those?

reddivine
04-14-2016, 07:29 AM
Well, today is interesting. In the home I prefer to get about using a four wheeled kitchen trolley with two shelves. It makes it easy to carry stuff around. However, the wheels are not spinning as they should so Social Services are dropping off a free replacement this afternoon.

Car wheelchair hoist . . .
I've bitten the bullet and decided to buy a car hoist to lift and swing my manual wheelchair plus motor plus battery into the hatch and out again.

He's fitting a frame to the boot area and will add a 80kg hoist. It’ll be very tight as my wheelchair was deliberately constructed where the handles/backrest don’t fold dow4n - long story.

The idea is that I want to be able to use the wheelchair for times where I use it for say 30 minutes before packing it back in the boot. I wouldn’t entertain that idea if I have to manually lift the wheelchair, motor and battery out then put it all back - a real pain for short journeys - literally!

I’ll try to post some pictures later.

Are you dis-assembling it before putting it in the boot? or all together? Even together it's 5 + 2 + 6? kg so way less than the 86kg.

Lighttouch
04-14-2016, 09:35 AM
Are you dis-assembling it before putting it in the boot? or all together? Even together it's 5 + 2 + 6? kg so way less than the 86kg.

Hi Reddivine, I actually bought the lightest wheelchair in the world at 11 kg and I could remove the wheels as well but a combination of swinging individual pieces in and out of the hatch area with basically one fully functioning ar wasn't ideal.

The smallest 2-way hoist e.g. up and down is up to a load of 40kg. It was suggested that a 4-way - up,down, in and out would meet my access needs better and this feature is included on the 80 kg hoist - a very compact neat arrangement.

It's all a balancing act. I position the wheelchair at the rear of the car with motor and battery pack attached. I just detach the foot plates, cushion and slide in armrests.

The engineer works out where the centre of gravity is when the chair is lifted vertical. In my case the centre of gravity is an inch in front of the backrest. He's utilised two existing drilled holes, drilled through them and enlarged them slightly and fitted two chrome plated bolts through the. The two bolts have a one inch diameter circular piece at the top.

All I do is lower the hoist over the chair and use two climbing clip to attach the hois to the chair - then press 'up' then 'in'. Once it's in I put a safety belt over the wheelchair

Anewbeginning
04-19-2016, 07:48 PM
My Physio has recommended the smartcrutches I mentioned so am going to go ahead and order a pair once the vendor replies to a few questions I sent them. I noticed on the website a section on VAT relief if you are disabled so followed the link to direct gov but am not 100% clear on if I will get the VAT relief of not. Do I just purchase as normal and then fill in a form to claim back?

Now, the ultimate decision, which colour??? Am thinking black goes with everything but I really like the pink. Would I look daft in a suit for work with a pair of bright pink crutches. Decisions, decisions...

http://smartcrutch.co.uk

Lighttouch
04-19-2016, 08:06 PM
Never seen those crutches before - live dangerously go for . . . blue . . . no stereo-typecasting please!

beau
04-19-2016, 08:12 PM
If you read it, it says DMS, whatever that means, will refund VAT. Normally VAT is not charged in the 1st place if you declare disability and fill in the form. Their website is not particularly clear. You are eligible for VAT relief.

Lighttouch
04-20-2016, 08:31 AM
That reminds me as I bought a wheelchair hoist for my car and they sent an invoice with a slip of paper I need to sign so I'm exempt from paying VAT.

Anewbeginning
04-21-2016, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the info re the VAT, useful to know!

I'm going for black but if they help like the reviews say they do then I might starting collecting the other colours too!

As for gender stereotyping, in the 80's, my mum didn't believe in that either. I had a short bowl hair cut and was dressed in brown and blue. Everyone thought I was a boy! Didn't help that I climbed trees and picked up worms. I would arm wrestle with the boys and sneaked a box of frogs to school once as well. I don't know what changed that but in my teens I got very very girly and living in a house full of the opposite sex I still am so pink is defo next ;-)

NexivRed
04-22-2016, 08:50 PM
Im currently waiting for these simple, black crutches to arrive. Not sure yet if I'm going to do any customisation on them as I kind of like the sleek chic look of the plain black:
http://s31.postimg.org/vofttk3nv/image.png

At the same time I got myself this backpack, as my handbag (which I love) is a tote bag which is no good for when I'm using crutches or on my 2 wheel scooter.
I wanted something fun, feminine and with lots of space and flexibility. So I browsed some changing bags and found this one which also comes with a little mini person version attached to a safety strap. So once I've stitched a buckle on the front, it will work as a safety harness for my two year old as I won't be able to hold his hand when using both crutches. I will also have him on a short wrist strap too to keep him close to me and as back up:
http://s31.postimg.org/yesf5wnez/image.png

NexivRed
04-22-2016, 08:54 PM
If I want some padding on my crutch handles, what is the best material or brand to go for? I'm thinking dense foam of some sort?

Would love to see some other people's crutches as this is my first time using some so I'm a bit nervous.

Lighttouch
04-22-2016, 10:03 PM
There's not much point me buying a pair of crutches as only one arm works.

I've gone in for block carbon fibre ones with an open cuff and ergonomic grip.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ossenberg-Carbon-Anatomical-Foldable-Crutches/dp/B00R4LW088?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0

The open cuff still works and is great if you need a thick sleeved coat on. The black carbon fibre start has a very unique cross-hatched design on it - very discrete but trendy.

I'm not sold on the way you extend the length - it really is a three handed job. Very neat finished product.

Anewbeginning
04-23-2016, 12:55 PM
I love the look of the plain black ones. I looked at those Ossenberg
ones as the only thing I don't like is the obvious branding on the smartcrutches, however I'm so desperate to get something that will help with my shoulder issues I'm following my Physio advice.
I used to be the sort of person who carried a Mary Poppins bag around but have also switched to using a small back pack or across body hand bags. I'd like to get a nicer looking back pack as they are much more comfortable but I worry about getting things stolen without me noticing x

Anewbeginning
05-04-2016, 04:41 PM
Hi Lighttouch,

I haven't yet got a wheelchair but I really need to get something sorted before I go away and you seem like you might be able to help. Did I pick up from some of your comments that you have a motor that you attach to a manual one? Would you mind pointing me in the right direction please?
I don't have a fortune to spend and am looking for something that looks sporty or modern if that makes sense and would like to not have to rely on others to push me. I have problems with shoulder dislocations so could possibly self propel sometimes but it would be hit and miss. I can walk with crutches but only a short distance and have spent the last few years missing out on things as well as my family missing out. We are due to go on holiday in August and I would love to be able to sightsee etc without having to recover from walking every few minutes or have entire days when I'm out of action so the chair seems like the best option, however, I am not intending on it being used daily, I want to walk whenever possible.
Thank you x

The sun is shining and I'm still chasing my new beginning :-)

reddivine
05-05-2016, 08:37 AM
I hope LT won't mind me butting in. He and I have a Benoit Lightdrive.
see http://www.benoitsolutions.co.uk/ developed by the french and distributed by a guy in Bristol.
You DO have to able to use both arms/hands to assemble /dissmantle it.
There are other options http://www.steeringdevelopments.co.uk/wheelchair-conversions
and one developed by alber-e (see other threads or just google)
They have the motor in the hub of the wheel. All of the above come apart, go in a normal boot, but will cost around £4000.
I only afforded it by going for grant funding see https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Find-Benefits-Grants?gclid=CjwKEAjw3q

If you scroll down the Benoit page and watch the video on the LEFT that is what I have and also LT. BOTH Benoit and SDL do another model where momentum is required and then the motor kicks in....so you start self propelling and use the motor for uphill or when your arms get tired. Maybe that would suit you?

Have to say you are not likely to get all that sorted by AUGUST. Maybe looking at hiring for the hols? https://www.wheelfreedom.com/
Before i got my chair i was about in the same position as you and hired for a holiday. They will deliver to and collect from anywhere in the UK. For me i had it delivered to London and picked up from Telford. Very reasonable and a life saver. It went on a plane and a train and they insure.

Lighttouch
05-05-2016, 08:59 AM
Hi Anewbeginning,

My third post on this thread illustrates what both I and Reddivine use on our wheelchairs - a Lightdrive. Very easy to fit together and well designed. But there's not much change from £4000.

Most add ons are about the same price. Check out Ebay - very occasionally there might be an add-on motor comes for sale.

Don't forget you can always hire scooters for free from many shopmobility places. National Trust Gardens can also hire out scooters for a £10 returnable deposit.

If you need to know more about add-on motors I'm happy to help if you want a chat.

Off to a National Trust Park at lunchtime today. Enjoy your day.

Anewbeginning
05-09-2016, 08:43 AM
Hi,
Thanks both. Sometimes I can't use my arms much at all so might need to look at some other options but I do like the look of those. Do you know of places where you can try them? The is a mobility shop a few miles away but I have been in and it's mainly just scooters and things like cushions and baskets etc!
Thanks for the tip about hiring, will definitely look into that next weekend.
Hope it's sunny where ever you all are, it is here :-)

Lighttouch
05-09-2016, 09:42 AM
Well, there are lots of scooters and wheelchairs on display at the Manchester BigEvent this Friday and Saturday.

I'll be there from 10-10.30am. So if you are free and fancy seeing a Lightdrive in action let me know. A

Yes it's sunny in Costa-del-Manchester too! lol

reddivine
05-10-2016, 08:34 AM
Hi,
Thanks both. Sometimes I can't use my arms much at all so might need to look at some other options but I do like the look of those. Do you know of places where you can try them? The is a mobility shop a few miles away but I have been in and it's mainly just scooters and things like cushions and baskets etc!
Thanks for the tip about hiring, will definitely look into that next weekend.
Hope it's sunny where ever you all are, it is here :-)

Where do you live @Anewbeginning? I'm in Telford, LT is in Manchester, the dealer is in Bristol. I'm sure either of us would meet you if feasible. I'd suggest the event LT is going to (probly over by now) or Naidex (which was end of April) or Motabilty Road show.
Having said that i have not seen Benoit exhibiting. I saw another user at a show once, in Telford. LT saw mine at MSLIfe in Manchester in 2014. (Did not realise it was him at the time) So at Naidex I was stopped FOUR times and gave the spiel....

Anewbeginning
05-13-2016, 08:01 AM
Hi,

I am a few hours north of Manchester. I have been waiting for weeks to hear back from wheelchair services to get advice. I think I will either buy something cheap that folds or hire to take on holiday and in the meantime keep researching. I'm going to look to see if there is somewhere within a 30mile radius where I can go and try something out. Nearest cities are Newcastle and Durham, Leeds is maybe 60ish miles away.
I'm in my 30s and have become very self conscious about how I look after this happened to me. I don't want to sound vain but if people are going to keep looking at me I want to look as good as I can lol.I feel really uneasy about the scooter option at the moment and I know that's phycological but it's stronger than my common sense at the moment if that makes sense?

On the plus side, I have my new crutches, have peeled the branding stickers off and made them sparkly ;-)

BlissC
06-04-2016, 12:20 AM
First off, going back a few posts, on the rare occasions when I walk short distances (<10 metres), I use my SmartCrutches. I chose the blue ones, and covered the uprights with sticky-backed plastic - a blue holographic pattern - the closest I could get to my favourite 'neon blue' colour! :)

I know what you mean about wanting to look as good as you can. I was very much the same when I had to start using a wheelchair (for around 15 years previously I'd used a combination of sticks, crutches, and wheeled walkers).

When I first started using a wheelchair, again, conscious of wanting to try and not look elderly (though I often feel it, I was still in my late 30s when I got my first wheelchair), I got an Enigma Drive - http://www.enigmawheelchairs.com/drive-enigma-spirit-lightweight-wheelchair%20?search=enigma%20drive - which I used with a NuDrive, which I managed to pick up second hand on eBay. It did make self-propelling much easier, but I was still only able to self-propel in certain situations and for short distances - indoors and on fairly level ground outdoors. Due to a combination of spina-bifida, fibromyalgia and M.E., I'm only able to walk a few steps these days, but I don't have a lot of strength in my arms either, and thanks to repeated brain surgeries I also have a weakness on my left side, so the NuDrive was only of limited use to me (a fact I probably should have considered more before I got it! :rolleyes:).

I didn't want to go the scooter route either, so I got a small powerchair, which gave me much more independence than I'd had for a long time. Various manufacturers do compact and folding power hairs that can be partly dismantled for transporting. I've been fortunate that I've found a company relatively close to me who have a good stock of wheelchairs, powered wheelchairs, power chairs, and scooters. They sell both new and second-hand, and when I got my first powerchair actually advised me to go for a second-hand one so that if I found it wasn't suitable for me I wouldn't lose so much due to depreciation.

At the moment I've got an Invacare TDX SP - http://www.invacare.co.uk/sites/uk/files/product_documents/product-draft-0508c7fe5cc834a6523a0bfc2f6b588e-TDX2%20Ultra%20User%20Manual%2006112015.pdf - again, second hand and I part-exchanged my previous chair, so I got it for way way less than the new price (less than £2K). It's fine for travelling in, having all the required anchor points, head-rest, etc., and I l have a very lightweight folding manual wheelchair for situations where it's not practical to take my powerchair, so that friends and family can push me on days out, etc. It's very similar in style to my first manual chair, but it only weighs 12kg, so even my mum who's 5ft nothing and half my weight can manage it.

Take your time researching what you really need, and if at all possible try before you buy. I rushed into my first purchase in a panic, and I could have probably saved myself some money, and certainly stress, if I'd taken more time and got more advice. I'm still trying to think up new ways to pimp my powerchair though! ;)

reddivine
06-06-2016, 06:58 PM
Hi,

I am a few hours north of Manchester. I have been waiting for weeks to hear back from wheelchair services to get advice. I think I will either buy something cheap that folds or hire to take on holiday and in the meantime keep researching. I'm going to look to see if there is somewhere within a 30mile radius where I can go and try something out. Nearest cities are Newcastle and Durham, Leeds is maybe 60ish miles away.
I'm in my 30s and have become very self conscious about how I look after this happened to me. I don't want to sound vain but if people are going to keep looking at me I want to look as good as I can lol.I feel really uneasy about the scooter option at the moment and I know that's phycological but it's stronger than my common sense at the moment if that makes sense?

On the plus side, I have my new crutches, have peeled the branding stickers off and made them sparkly ;-)

I would suggest you meet up with Lighttouch then. Sure he'd be up for it. I can talk via Skype if you want. The motor itself requires only a light touch with your hand to move.
I dont have much upper body strength but can dismantle mine. LT keeps his together as he has a wobbly arm. Feel free to contact us!

Lighttouch
06-06-2016, 09:32 PM
Sorry anew-beginning I haven't kept up with the posts.
My wheelchair is custom made, German built and is coloured white. I have pimped my ride so the wheelchair, wheels and cushion cost about £2,800.
The add on motor cost an extra £4000. I don't have a problem being seen in it as it's unique and a head turner piece of kit.

Check out the Quickie range of wheelchairs. I can't use a manual wheelchair with one useable hand but it's a sinch using a joy stick to drive it. Now I use a hoist to lift the wheelchair and motor plus battery as one into my MPV.

If you wanted to meet up as Reddivine suggests we could meet somewhere halfway to meet up and I'm happy to discuss

Mind you buying this sort of set up takes time. Custom wheelchair - 8 weeks wait once spec decided.

Lightdrive manufacture and fitted to wheelchair in Bristol a three week wait.

Allow just under 3 months before you can use it!

Lighttouch
06-08-2016, 07:20 PM
Just stumbled across this website that makes interesting 'glamorous crutches and walking aids.

http://glamsticks.co.uk

nukecad
06-09-2016, 01:52 AM
I think that Razzy linked to that site before,

But Razzy has gone from the forum and her posts from the last year have been deleted with no explanation.
(A strange move that would not be done lighty).

Anewbeginning
06-16-2016, 07:27 AM
Meant to ask, how much car boot do they take up generally or does it vary?

Anewbeginning
06-16-2016, 07:29 AM
Hi again!
I have looked at that glam sticks website before, I certainly do like some of them!
I haven't kept up with the post either.
Slight progress in that I am now just waiting for an assessment date from wheelchair services. I can't see them being able to offer me anything suitable but I can't decide whether it might be worth accepting something in the short term and saving up for a better one. I have looked at the Quickie ones a few times now and some beginning with T? that were more pricey. My holiday is getting closer and at this rate I might just order something from Amazon to tide me over if I don't get my assessment soon. I found a few that might do for a while, what do you think, OK to take on holiday or not? Obviously I would have to be pushed around most of the time which is not what I want at all but in the short term it would be better than nothing...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01...I29UNPW2SPSCCW

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00...I2F7UHD3TY35Z8

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01...I2683DCKNFZHZJ

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00...I31MHZJQQO22QI

reddivine
06-16-2016, 10:34 AM
I would say don't buy in a rush, something that isn#t a long term option. HIRE one instead. https://www.wheelfreedom.com/
You can hire reasonable from these folks. They will deliver to and collect from any where in UK. You can take it on train and plane. I had one delivered to London, took it ti Rhodes, then on train to Telford and then to the NKF conference before it was picked up from Telford.
Recommend you do the same - while on hols you will realise, actually we need xxx and we don't need xxx.
TRY BEFORE YOU BUY is the golden rule

reddivine
06-16-2016, 10:35 AM
I think that Razzy linked to that site before,

But Razzy has gone from the forum and her posts from the last year have been deleted with no explanation.
(A strange move that would not be done lighty).
You can delete your own posts, no one else can do it for you. So I suggest she deleted them herself?

Anewbeginning
06-16-2016, 11:26 AM
Perfect, thanks for the link reddivine, they are very reasonable prices and insured for travel ????

nukecad
06-16-2016, 11:02 PM
You can delete your own posts, no one else can do it for you. So I suggest she deleted them herself?
Admin and Moderators can delete any posts by any user.
In fact it is the only effecient way of deleting all posts by a user, but as I say this is not something that is done lightly so there must have been a good reason.

reddivine
06-18-2016, 04:11 PM
Yep as i say, I definitely asked knowing I'd be going on a train and plane and they insure the wheelchair - so you don't have to worry. They were helpful over the phone as well