View RSS Feed

Wassed

Steps to Become a Great College Paper Writer

Rate this Entry
Not long ago, I participated in a writing workshop whose main objective was to offer college students training in writing skills. This involved two days of training on the academic writing process: how to write a college paper, a thesis or an article. The training taught me a lot. So here's what I learned from the workshop.
The first piece of advice given during this workshop is to write every day. It is by forging that one becomes a blacksmith, and it is while writing that one becomes a great writer; or at least a professional writer. It is especially recommended to write every day for only half an hour. For this, set a time slot, every day, to devote to writing (in all its forms), perhaps a solution, especially for those who have trouble getting started!
1.) Writing as a process
To fully understand what writing is, and not to burn out during the writing process, it is helpful to consider writing as a three or four step minimum process. To begin with, we can break down the writing process into two stages:
a.) Creative and synthetic writing;
b.) Analytical and critical writing.
The first steps involve writing about the essentials, without worrying about the details. The second, on the contrary, involve writing in detail and strives to structure the text and detail the argumentation, the content, etc.
The fundamental purpose of becoming aware of writing as a process is to avoid doing everything at the same time: trying to synthesize and detail information in a critical or analytical way at the same time, is like wanting to do two contradictory operations concurrently.
First, it is advisable to bring out the ideas, and then rectify what has been written. The writer should specify what they meant to say in the second stage. One should view the writing process in successive layers that do not necessarily require perfectionism at every stage.
i.) First phase
This is the synthetic writing. Here, the student writes to the ideas, without worrying about the details. One of the writing techniques for this phase is the free writing techniques.
ii.) Second Phase
In the second phase, we are interested in content, structure and argumentation. It is important to be as clear as possible to facilitate reading. For example, avoid metaphors, not only to be evocative but clear. It is up to the author to make the work clear, and not to the reader to guess what the paper means.
iii.) Third phase
The third phase of writing aims to revise the language and style used. The goal, in this phase, is to specify what one has written.
iv.) Fourth phase
Finally, the writer should revise the references, and the bibliography, as well as the punctuation.
A college paper should be an informative piece of writing. However, the student should not forget that they are, not only informing the reader, but also trying to convince them.
Adapt the style to the length of the text.
The longer the text, the more you have to be clear about the structure. The writer should also make use of transition sentences between each paragraph.
The final important piece of advice is to get feedback on the paper. There are different types of feedback that are needed at different stages of writing. In the early phases of writing, you can look for positive feedback, which will highlight what is going well in your text. Then you will need to seek critical feedback, which aims at showing you where to make some improvements.
Writing college papers requires work and time to give attention to the fine details. The process is complex and tedious. Most students opt to have their work handled by professional essay companies. Using a simple search phrase such as “write my essay 4 me” will give one results of websites that offer custom essay writing services. After placing an order, the student should wait to have their complete paper before the deadline.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments