Thread: Lost Mail

Lost Mail

Hey Flymo hope all is well. Just to update you the dwp 'appears' to have lost my form insisting that they never got it. Then they insisted on sending me out a third form that I have to fill in all over again. I'm awaiting my tribunal date and I have a meeting with my consultant tomorrow life spare to discuss my upcoming operation.
    So will definitely have more to put in the form. Really hoping that they will grant me pip. I suffer from deafness, psoriasis, incontinence and OCD. As I said hoping for the best.

I'm not surprised DWP have declared the form lost after you posted about DWP apparently not having received the form.

It can be best to answer the questions needing answers of more than a few words in a separate word-processed document, making sure the questions come in the same order as on the PIP2, and that you' name and NI number is on each page (maybe in the footer). Write "SEE ENCLOSED DOCUMENT" on the PIP2 itself if you have answered the question in a separate document.

This way you can easily draft, redraft and update your answers over time. There's no need to copy out lengthy blocks of text longhand from your draft to the form itself, and your answers may well be more legible than if written longhand. The word-processed file gives you a starting point for the next PIP2 whenever it arrives.

Guess what Flymo I've received a text today telling me that they have received my form yep the one that was 'lost'. Apparently the text is generic so they are going to investigate if it could be used. I'm due to get a call from the benefits people. What a nightmare.

It sounds like "left hand, can I introduce right hand to you?". Unfortunately DWP's systems can do the strangest things when things go wrong.

At this point, I'm not sure DWP truly know whether they received the new form or not, though they need to discover what the situation is promptly so that you know what to do.

It's always best to keep a copy of anything you send to DWP, as well as proof you sent it. That way, you can copy it again and send in the copy if they lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flymo View Post
    Unfortunately DWP's systems can do the strangest things when things go wrong.
    Thats probably because some of the systems still in use are over 40 years old.

The government is seeking an expert in systems that are more than 40 years old to revamp technology used by the Department for Work and Pensions.
    Well; at least they run the Jobcentres so should be best placed to find someone.

Read the full article here:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-30746215
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I'd seen that. There are mission-critical DWP systems running on ancient platforms.

PIP apparently uses two systems - PIPCS, which is a modern system for PIP specific information, and another cross-DWP system which is ancient.

In similar position, except mine is DLA renewal. Renewal form completed and sent back 09/10/14, due to health issues and 4 bereavements in 4 months I was distracted. Basically it appears my renewal form never arrived. Claim expired 26/1!!!!! Facing homelessness because of this so feel sick, am under 35. I sent redone form back Wednesday so am now having to wait it out. Am scared as losing inc HB over £800 a month so I'm going to be on a great diet (not) and choosing to heat because am not well in cold.
    Sorry you're facing same situation re lost paperwork. I hope they get you decision ASAP x