Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: PIP Mandatory Reconsideration

  1. #1

    PIP Mandatory Reconsideration

    hi. this is my first thread and i would appreciate any advice for my PIP mandatory reconsideration.

    i have support from my worker from the local independent welfare place (she's wonderful- incapacity to ESA was a breeze!) but this is my first time dealing with an award that i disagree with.

    i am 29 now, and was receiving higher rate care and lower rate mobility DLA for 8 years which i feel was accurate. after a horrendous face-to-face for PIP (we issued a formal complaint about how i was treated) i was awarded standard daily care last week (8 points only). this cuts my disability money in half and i am going to struggle financially.

    i am aiming for 4 more points to receive enhanced daily living, and standard mobility (specifically the unfamiliar route descriptor).

    i am grateful for the chance to send a MR as it affords me some control back, and the threads here have been very helpful so far. my meeting with my worker to write an MR is tuesday (24th) and i would appreciate any support or advice on how to approach it.

    i struggle with an eating disorder, anxiety and aspergers. in the past 2 years i have also been diagnosed with fibromyalgia.

    in my report he appeared to believe that most of my descriptors didn't match because i have "adequate cognition". ie/ following unfamiliar routes, washing, budgeting.

    how should i challenge this kind of response? it is an incredibly reductive comment on how i experience my daily life.

    thanks for reading

  2. #2
    I had a transition from DLA to PIP - DLA Low Rate Care and High Rate Mobility - after my home visit for PIP had Standard Rate Care and Standard Rate Mobility.

    I asked for a reconsideration late November, late January a lady rang me about the reconsideration - a conversation of about 10 mins, two weeks later had a letter that they completely reconsidered my entire application and changed it to PIP Standard Care (the same) and Enhanced Rate Mobility - a good outcome for me. Though of course I may have lost the entire amount.

    Referring back to my letter - they explained in detail the new reasons etc.

    The descriptor for these are awkward (only way to explain it).

    Hopefully someone will provide better advice for you.

  3. #3
    thanks for the reply AmyS- i appreciate it. im encouraged to hear it went well for you and your equivalent was awarded! did you send any extra info with your reconsideration? thanks again!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by girlalmighty View Post
    hi. this is my first thread and i would appreciate any advice for my PIP mandatory reconsideration.

    i have support from my worker from the local independent welfare place (she's wonderful- incapacity to ESA was a breeze!) but this is my first time dealing with an award that i disagree with.

    i am 29 now, and was receiving higher rate care and lower rate mobility DLA for 8 years which i feel was accurate. after a horrendous face-to-face for PIP (we issued a formal complaint about how i was treated) i was awarded standard daily care last week (8 points only). this cuts my disability money in half and i am going to struggle financially.

    i am aiming for 4 more points to receive enhanced daily living, and standard mobility (specifically the unfamiliar route descriptor).

    i am grateful for the chance to send a MR as it affords me some control back, and the threads here have been very helpful so far. my meeting with my worker to write an MR is tuesday (24th) and i would appreciate any support or advice on how to approach it.

    i struggle with an eating disorder, anxiety and aspergers. in the past 2 years i have also been diagnosed with fibromyalgia.

    in my report he appeared to believe that most of my descriptors didn't match because i have "adequate cognition". ie/ following unfamiliar routes, washing, budgeting.

    how should i challenge this kind of response? it is an incredibly reductive comment on how i experience my daily life.

    thanks for reading
    When challenging the mobility aspect regarding unfamiliar route you have to go into great detail why this is difficult or impossible for you. Describe every thought, feeling, fear etc but stating that you feel you are not safe. You really have to describe in great detail using words that describe how you feel. Ie confused, disorientated, unaware, frightened, panic, unsafe psychological distress. Remember the DM does not know you or have any insite into your condition. Remember your SAFETY is paramount. I have read a lot of posts on this and currently going through the same ordeal. Mental health and fibro are yet to have the appropriate tick boxes. Hope this helps. Good luck

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by girlalmighty View Post
    thanks for the reply AmyS- i appreciate it. im encouraged to hear it went well for you and your equivalent was awarded! did you send any extra info with your reconsideration? thanks again!
    No in my case I'd had a home visit for PIP2 interview. When I received the result/letter I was upset with the mobility part, hence I instantly asked for reconsideration. That was back in November 2014 - only in January a few weeks ago did they ring. From this call I didn't send anything else - they already had everything within the application process. The reconsideration took approximately 7 to 10 days and I received a letter.

    I reiterate I did include in the original application all the evidence I had to hand - so nothing else was sent in.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamontie View Post
    When challenging the mobility aspect regarding unfamiliar route you have to go into great detail why this is difficult or impossible for you. Describe every thought, feeling, fear etc but stating that you feel you are not safe. You really have to describe in great detail using words that describe how you feel. Ie confused, disorientated, unaware, frightened, panic, unsafe psychological distress. Remember the DM does not know you or have any insite into your condition. Remember your SAFETY is paramount. I have read a lot of posts on this and currently going through the same ordeal. Mental health and fibro are yet to have the appropriate tick boxes. Hope this helps. Good luck
    thanks for the support Diamontie. my MR has been sent off now thanks to the help of my welfare worker and a wonderful supporting letter from my specialist/therapist. i think we were able to highlight just how difficult the points I missed are for me- fingers crossed! thanks again.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyS View Post
    No in my case I'd had a home visit for PIP2 interview. When I received the result/letter I was upset with the mobility part, hence I instantly asked for reconsideration. That was back in November 2014 - only in January a few weeks ago did they ring. From this call I didn't send anything else - they already had everything within the application process. The reconsideration took approximately 7 to 10 days and I received a letter.

    I reiterate I did include in the original application all the evidence I had to hand - so nothing else was sent in.

    thanks for the reply! this is really encouraging for me to hear. my MR has now been sent off and it's just the waiting game again.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by girlalmighty View Post
    thanks for the reply AmyS- i appreciate it. im encouraged to hear it went well for you and your equivalent was awarded! did you send any extra info with your reconsideration? thanks again!
    No other evidence, they rang me up to clarify some points and that was it.

  9. #9
    Hi i new to all this i hope someone can help me... i applied for pip for my husband back in june 2015 he had his assesment july 2015. It was really hard taking my huaband to his assesment because he suffes from sever back pain and sever depression he doesnt like going out the home he gets scared and panics also with his back pain its very hard to handle him i have to hold him when walking with him. I rang up on the 29th of july 2015 to be told he was been awarded standard rate care and no mobility... i have yet not recieved the award letter. I totally disagree as my husband 247 relis on me he cannt do anything i do everything for him from taking him in to bed changing him bathing him even feeding him sometimes.. the only connection he prefers with the world is by sitting in his bedroom and looking out the window he doesnt associate with anyone he stays in his room i have to even shave him aswell. When even prepping him to go doctors i have to tell him its not gona be long we will be quick we have to set off 10 mins before even though its round the corner we have to stop 6 to 7 times. He doesnt even lift his head up to speak to anyone i feel i am caring for a child. He cant even plan a journey even asked to he goes blank and panics he feels unsafe outside.. he has tried ending his life many times before he has done sever damage to his body he is on medication 7 days a week. I just want to know how do i go about a mandotory consideration please need help thanks

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by nagzy786 View Post
    Hi i new to all this i hope someone can help me... i applied for pip for my husband back in june 2015 he had his assesment july 2015. It was really hard taking my huaband to his assesment because he suffes from sever back pain and sever depression he doesnt like going out the home he gets scared and panics also with his back pain its very hard to handle him i have to hold him when walking with him. I rang up on the 29th of july 2015 to be told he was been awarded standard rate care and no mobility... i have yet not recieved the award letter. I totally disagree as my husband 247 relis on me he cannt do anything i do everything for him from taking him in to bed changing him bathing him even feeding him sometimes.. the only connection he prefers with the world is by sitting in his bedroom and looking out the window he doesnt associate with anyone he stays in his room i have to even shave him aswell. When even prepping him to go doctors i have to tell him its not gona be long we will be quick we have to set off 10 mins before even though its round the corner we have to stop 6 to 7 times. He doesnt even lift his head up to speak to anyone i feel i am caring for a child. He cant even plan a journey even asked to he goes blank and panics he feels unsafe outside.. he has tried ending his life many times before he has done sever damage to his body he is on medication 7 days a week. I just want to know how do i go about a mandotory consideration please need help thanks
    Hi, I'm sorry to hear your about your situation and it sounds as if you certainly qualify for a different award. My reconsideration was done on my behalf by the local welfare services which have been supporting me for several years. I would suggest getting in touch with your local welfare or citizens advice for professional advice.

    Reconsiderations are often successful, so please try to be positive although I know how hard that can be when everyday is a challenge. Good luck

Similar Threads

  1. PIP - Mandatory Reconsideration
    By ChrisAllen95 in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-28-2014, 08:40 PM
  2. Mandatory Reconsideration
    By MrsLovett in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-08-2014, 02:19 PM
  3. mandatory reconsideration ???
    By hurting13 in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-01-2014, 08:17 PM
  4. Mandatory Reconsideration
    By lashlaroo in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-08-2014, 03:25 AM
  5. Mandatory Reconsideration
    By lashlaroo in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-20-2014, 04:39 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •