Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PIP Mandatory Reconsideration

My partner is recovering from anorexia and did quite well on PIP. Id imagine you to be an obvious case for enhanced daily living. The eating disorder alone should at the minimum ensure prompting descriptor for taking nutrition. Id also argue your case for making budgeting decisions if the disorder would cause you to not buy food. You need someone to come with you when you get paid to ensure you buy food. The aspergers should at the minimum ensure social support for engaging with others.

On the mobility, id also consider whether your eating disorder could qualify you on the moving around descriptor. Many problems can be caused by malnutrition such as weak painful bones and joints or getting out of breath easily. If any of these could mean your unable to do 200m without getting pains or breathlessness etc then it'd award 4 points. Add that to the 8 points your hopeful of on following unfamiliar journeys and you'd have enhanced mobility.

Thank you girlalmighty...
    Will i have to speak to them over the phone about the mandatory reconsideration or will i have to write to them. As my husbands suffers so much distress is it possible for me to speak to the dm.

Quote Originally Posted by nagzy786 View Post
    Thank you girlalmighty...
    Will i have to speak to them over the phone about the mandatory reconsideration or will i have to write to them. As my husbands suffers so much distress is it possible for me to speak to the dm.
    Not sure if they will accept mandatory reconsideration over the phone but even if they did, its better to write to them. Writing allows you to prepare your argument and supporting evidence. You can carefully think through how your husband meets the descriptors.

Thanks carl30 for that i shall go see the cab hopefully on monday and get help in to writing to them regards to evidence i have sent them everything they need..will keep you updated thanks guy for the advice

Also do i need some kind of form for the MR or do i need to just start from a blank page

Also do i need some kind of form for the MR or do i need to just start from a blank page
    Blank page. mine was a brief overview of my health conditions followed by an explanation of how they effect each activity.

Hi guy quick update i recieved the letter today and this is what hes been awarded.
    Prepping food=02
    Taking nutrition=0 managing therapy=0
    Washing and bathing=2
    Managing toilet=2
    Dressing and undressing=2
    communicating verbally=0
    Reading=0
    Engaging f2f=0
    Budgeting=2
    Planning journey=0
    moving around=4
    I really dont see how they even came to this when i even told the assesor my husband cannot at all cook food due to his mental health also i wont let him near sharp objects coz of self harm
    I have to give my husband medication myself because firstly he cant swallow tablets i have to break them and watch to make sure he take them
    Managing therapy i manage and help him with all of it
    I wash him and bath him i even shave him my sound abit silly but if it was to my husband he wouldnt even clean
    I physically dress him myself if it was to him he would stay in the same clothes all the time
    Communicating verbally he can just about speak and answer to a question but with alot of difficulty
    Engaging f2f my husband didnt even lift his head up and never does he always looks down firstly due to his sever back pain staying in hump like postion he feels ease and 2nd he suffers sever depression he cant look anyone in the eye or face he will not and doesnt even speak with anyone the drs sometimes find it a challeng getting through to him
    Budgeting he wouldnt know what to pay where or what to buy
    Planning a journey he got 0
    my husband cannot and wont plan a journey with me he wont even think about it he fears the outside or being along or getting lost
    Moving around the most moving around he would do would be me actualy holding him to drs and back i dont remember in the last 2 years if ive gone anywhere apart from the drs and back
    How can they give standard care and no mobility if this is my partners situation i go through 4 fendi bend gels a week to massage around his legs ankles back and wrist
    I am gona ask for a reconsideration shall i add all the above i have said in the reconsideration need help dont know where to start guys.

Hi guy quick update i recieved the letter today and this is what hes been awarded.
    Prepping food=02
    Taking nutrition=0 managing therapy=0
    Washing and bathing=2
    Managing toilet=2
    Dressing and undressing=2
    communicating verbally=0
    Reading=0
    Engaging f2f=0
    Budgeting=2
    Planning journey=0
    moving around=4
    I really dont see how they even came to this when i even told the assesor my husband cannot at all cook food due to his mental health also i wont let him near sharp objects coz of self harm
    I have to give my husband medication myself because firstly he cant swallow tablets i have to break them and watch to make sure he take them
    Managing therapy i manage and help him with all of it
    I wash him and bath him i even shave him my sound abit silly but if it was to my husband he wouldnt even clean
    I physically dress him myself if it was to him he would stay in the same clothes all the time
    Communicating verbally he can just about speak and answer to a question but with alot of difficulty
    Engaging f2f my husband didnt even lift his head up and never does he always looks down firstly due to his sever back pain staying in hump like postion he feels ease and 2nd he suffers sever depression he cant look anyone in the eye or face he will not and doesnt even speak with anyone the drs sometimes find it a challeng getting through to him
    Budgeting he wouldnt know what to pay where or what to buy
    Planning a journey he got 0
    my husband cannot and wont plan a journey with me he wont even think about it he fears the outside or being along or getting lost
    Moving around the most moving around he would do would be me actualy holding him to drs and back i dont remember in the last 2 years if ive gone anywhere apart from the drs and back
    How can they give standard care and no mobility if this is my partners situation i go through 4 fendi bend gels a week to massage around his legs ankles back and wrist
    I am gona ask for a reconsideration shall i add all the above i have said in the reconsideration need help dont know where to start guys.
    I'd start a separate thread on this. You will get more responses.