Thread: PiP Home Visit

PiP Home Visit

Hey all so I am migrating from DLA to PiP. I got a phone call last Friday at 5pm telling me it they wanted to visit today, wasn't till after I put the phone down that I found out I should of had 7 days notice in writing.

When she arrived she was early and all apologetic. By the end of the hour and half I have to say she had managed to make me feel like S**t. Every time I answered a question for example I don't cook meals due to my depression. She kept coming back to me and saying 'But if you wanted to you could do couldn't you?' I thought that this process was meant to be better for people with MH issues. However it seemed like overtime I said I need help promoting etc to do something she just told me that 'I could do it if I wanted to' and this supposedly from a ex mental health nurse.

I have no idea what she wrote but not feeling to hopeful after that. Now I just want to hide away and panic about losing my benefit.

Should of mentioned I have chronic depression, PTSD (from the service), anxiety, disabling panic attacks due to health and heart disease.

Anyway thanks for listening to me ranting.

Quote Originally Posted by exarmyinwales View Post
    Hey all so I am migrating from DLA to PiP. I got a phone call last Friday at 5pm telling me it they wanted to visit today, wasn't till after I put the phone down that I found out I should of had 7 days notice in writing.

When she arrived she was early and all apologetic. By the end of the hour and half I have to say she had managed to make me feel like S**t. Every time I answered a question for example I don't cook meals due to my depression. She kept coming back to me and saying 'But if you wanted to you could do couldn't you?' I thought that this process was meant to be better for people with MH issues. However it seemed like overtime I said I need help promoting etc to do something she just told me that 'I could do it if I wanted to' and this supposedly from a ex mental health nurse.

I have no idea what she wrote but not feeling to hopeful after that. Now I just want to hide away and panic about losing my benefit.

Should of mentioned I have chronic depression, PTSD (from the service), anxiety, disabling panic attacks due to health and heart disease.

Anyway thanks for listening to me ranting.
    No problem we all need to let off steam. My PIP2 - the letter arrived Saturday and the interview was Thursday. Then they turned up early.

Also when I had the brown envelope 5 weeks later - was disappointed and rang them, rang five days later, rang five days later. I'd asked for a reconsideration. Finally January (just weeks ago) had the phone call, I asked why I didn't receive Enhanced Mobility - they stated that the front door to the gate is 25 metres - load of rubbish - it's 9 metres and I told the caller. Anyway after 5/10 mins on the phone. Put it down and yikes wondered what I'd done.

Two weeks later received an enveloped - reviewed my application and received both PIP sections.

DLA was on Low Rate Care and High Rate Mobility
    PIP first letter Standard Rate Care and Standard Rate Mobility
    PIP final letter Standard Rate Care and Enhanced Rate Mobility

It is so daunting and stressful.