Thread: Mandatory Reconsideration

Mandatory Reconsideration

Hi,

Well I managed to re-write my application letter for Mandatory Reconsideration with support from my local council. Felt good after I had posted it but now worried that even with all the extra stuff I sent in and the better way my application has been reworded, that I still won't get any better points. In my original application I thought I fit the criteria for at least 3 questions, or maybe 4 questions but the decision only referred to needing help in one. I have argued against that in my latest letter being very specific and giving examples for each relevant descriptor but if I'm not successful and I have to appeal I have nothing left to use to argue my case at tribunal? I can see now that my original application wasn't strong enough but what if the decision maker still doesn't agree when they see the further evidence. I asked my GP to write to them back in October and I asked her again recently and she wrote stuff on the screen while I was in the appointment but I didn't ask her for a copy as it seemed that it was a letter to be typed up by the surgery staff. I spoke the receptioness last week and she said 'Dr doesn't do letters to DWP - you must have been imagining it'. So what was the point of the GP ringing me up and actually asking me to come into the surgery for appointment? I've never in all my life had a call from my Dr asking me to come in for an appointment - they are too busy.

you say you dont have any extra to send if you go to appeal, although it helps many people dont have extra, but dont forget the appeal panel have not seen any off your information yet and they will read it all with a fresh perspective and make a ruling based on that, thats the whole point of appealing.

Hello CharlieBear
    Firstly I apologise for not responding to you before in your post but it was closed so I couldn't and I did mention you in one of my post so hope you saw that. I hope you are feeling a bit better than a couple of weeks back. I can see you have had a great relief sending your MR - that's good. I also found mine hard but had sent all the explanations and evidence and was rejected on MR - so hope you are more successful.

I saw a Solicitor and she said the same as slipmaster. She said its all there and the main points just need to be pulled out and they are independent so - don't worry too much.

See how your MR goes and then if not get help (like you have) from a professional to support you.

Good Luck and I really hope it goes well for you and your MR x fingers crossed you get a good DM.
    PB
    Last edited by purplebreeze; 03-02-2015 at 10:58 PM. Reason: spelling

Well the envelope came yesterday and I haven't got any more points - only 4 for complex communication. Very tearfull about it - Tribunal will be hell for me. I'm not lying, I've been a hospital patient for neraly 50 years - perhaps I should get a bdage like what they give people who are blood donors.

Hey CharlieBear, id just like to ask...

Since you asked for a mandatory reconsideration, how long did it take for them to reply with a second decision?

Thanks!

Hi Velvet
    Basically my first request for MR disappeared under a pile of papers back last summer. Wrote asking when I was going to get MR, nothing happened. Decided to kick up a fuss in January, MR was done in one day, even without me having a chance to receive the assessors report .... kicked up another fuss, so was given chance for a proper MR, think they took 1 or 2 days at most, again they couldn't have read all the stuff I sent them. But I wouldn't know if that is normal timescale.

So now going to appeal and complain officially (have already received minor - very minor! payment for original complaint in January). Still waiting for apology from ATOS as well, sure it's been more than 40 days by when they were supposed to have written to me.