Thread: Spring Has sprung

Spring Has sprung

Its official, the frogs are having their annual orgy, most of the crocus's and snowdrops are in full bloom, the roses and just about everything else is budding.

But still a harsh cold wind out there..!

Bring on the sunshine!

On and off, we've had a lovely sunny South Wales. Bulbs are springing up everywhere yay yay.

We have had snow that has not settled, rain, sun and strong very cold wind.

The weather here has been quite freaky, I think we have had everything except a Tornado!!!!

But, my snowdrops have been out for a couple of weeks now, also an African Violet is already flowering. The shrubs are budding and the grass is desperate for a trim.

Spring is my favourite season. I love watching everything coming back to life.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

You can see the froggies doing their throaty song. Pom pom pom...

https://youtu.be/Jb0E01ihqzY

Froggies in the dark You may need to turn the volume up a bit

My little plot is coming along nicely. My housing association have removed a couple of old rose bushes that did nothing and I have planted 2 new ones. It took me 4 weeks to dig the holes but I got there in the end! Bulbs are coming up - lots of daffs now although quite a few have been lost due to the area being dug up. I have plans for what else is going in there but have to do it bit by bit. Going to a garden centre today hopefully so may buy some plants

Beautiful here, loving the spring feeling. With my sister's help have also had a little spring clean - Yay.

I've got a tub of layered bulbs (Monty Don style) doing nicely.. At the moment a mat of yellow crocus with a few snowdrops.. Dutch Iris to follow