Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Isn't it nice to have some exceptional service?

Smile Isn't it nice to have some exceptional service?

Today, when I went to my car, it looked like the front left wheel was a little deflated. Had it pumped up at the supermarket. Shopped etc came out and thought it still looks flat.

Drove gently round the corner to Kwik-Fit (never used before).

What outstanding service I received. The gent who came out instantly saw the blue badge, asked my name even before I got out of the vehicle. By the time I made my way to the office three others had already dashed in.

He'd put my name on the list - which was a relief as I would have been fourth in the queue. The others were all dealt with at the office desk.

I went into the office and he told me to take a seat, he would be over. Do you need a drink, coffee, tea, hot chocolate or water. He then joined me and sat down to complete the paperwork.

When my car was sorted, etc he was incredibly helpful, don't rush, please take your time etc.. after sorting out paperwork etc. He went off and brought the car to the main door about five feet away. Wow - fantastic - must say I was pleased with the service.

This was so different for the other non disabled customers, before me and during my wait. Really can't fault the service.

Doesn't it make a pleasant change to be treated with respect and some dignity and acknowledging I'm going to be slower than other customers (with no pressure).

P.S. I had driven over a nail (grrrrr).

Hi Rasy,

We always hear about the negatives, so thought it would make a pleasant change to post something positive and really brightened my day.

Thanks for your reply.

Hi amy
    I also recently had a good customer service experience with Kwik Fit - last Monday I noticed a bulge in one of my front tyres. I called Kwik Fit (the mobile service) they said they would be able to come to the house to fit a new tyre the next day. About an hour later I received a call from the Kwik Fit mobile fitter to say he had a spare slot and could he come round to do it straight away. He came within 10 minutes and fitted a new tyre. Brilliant service!
    By the way the tyre fitter said it was most likely that I'd hit a pothole and not realised that the tyre had been damaged due to the suspension absorbing the shock. Lesson learnt - keep an eye on your tyres even if you've no reason to expect there is anything wrong.
    Caring is an art not a science

Thanks mcclonk, yes I'm so aware now of my tyres - I check them before getting in the car.

Again wonderful 10 out of 10 service for Kwik Fit, impressed they came to you - to be honest I never thought of that.

Quote Originally Posted by AmyS View Post
    Thanks mcclonk, yes I'm so aware now of my tyres - I check them before getting in the car.

Again wonderful 10 out of 10 service for Kwik Fit, impressed they came to you - to be honest I never thought of that.
    How much did Kwik-Fit charge? I bet it wasn't cheap.

I had a good experience with kwik fit recently too.

I go there to get my tyres checked/blown up as I can't manage to do it myself. I pulled into a parking bay (no disabled ones) and was about to get out when another car pulled up really close so that there wasn't room for me to get out. I have a sticker in my window asking to leave enough room to open my door fully but he didn't notice that and probably would have ignored it anyway. So I moved to another space then went into the reception area where the same man seemed to be giving staff a bit of a hard time. When I said what I was there for the man on the counter said he would do me first. He sorted my tyres out then drove the car right up to the entrance so that I didn't have to walk far. Satisfying on more than one count!

The only thing I don't like about kwik fit is that on more than one occasion they've told me something needed doing but when I've checked with my regular mobile mechanic he's said it doesn't need doing.

toolook - £26 - thought that was reasonable as I already knew there was a problem.

catlover - ahhh that's rather naughty of them saying something needed doing ...

Quote Originally Posted by toolook View Post
    How much did Kwik-Fit charge? I bet it wasn't cheap.
    I've got nothing but praise for Kwik-Fit staff or service. I own my car but still use the company that Motability uses as it's friendly and accessible.

Last time I had a puncture and needed a new tyre. I chose the expensive Pirelli tyre but they just billed me for repairing a puncture saving £40. And they serve fresh coffee and that day's newspapers!

fresh coffee? I'm going to the wrong kwik fit! Just a machine at the one I use.

I have used the mobile fitters when I needed a couple of tyres replacing last year. I booked a slot online and it was very reasonable.

Replied earlier:

toolook: £26 was the cost - which I felt was reasonable.

catlover: ooo that's naughty about offering something you don't need.

lighttouch: yes they had notices clearly and prominently displayed about Motability - though I too own my car. Very friendly.