Thread: PSA : Maximus are requesting face to face assessments without sending ESA50 first

PSA : Maximus are requesting face to face assessments without sending ESA50 first

This disturbing news has just come to light on the benefitsandwork website and they are asking people to contact them if they have been asked to attend a face to face Medical with Maximus without ever getting an ESA50 to fill in.

From the website :

Benefits and Work is receiving disturbing reports that assessments for both PIP and ESA are not being carried out in the way that the DWP claims they should be.

We have heard from a number of members recently who have been required to attend a work capability assessment without first being given an opportunity to complete an ESA50 claim form.

The ESA50 is vital because it gives claimants their first opportunity to set out in their own word the effects of their condition. It also allows them to gather together and submit supporting evidence.

At this stage we don’t know whether the failure to send an ESA50 is due to incompetence or something more alarming. We would be interested to hear from readers who have had a similar experience. You can either leave a comment below or email us at office@benefitsandwork.co.uk

This comment is worrying
    "I received a letter today saying that I have to attend a face-to-face assessment in just 3 weeks' time. I was shocked as I had no idea this was coming. I rang them (Maximus- or 'Centre for Health and Disability Assessments') and said that I'd been sent this letter, but hadn't had a form. The woman I spoke to replied, "Not everyone will get a form."

SOURCE : http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/new...ssing-medicals
    Last edited by karljt; 03-11-2015 at 08:14 PM.