Thread: Length of award

Length of award

I want to ask for a manditory reconsideration for my son, but he has been awarded for 7 yrs which were really pleased about. Am aware they will looka at the whole award and I'm worried they may reduce the award length. Does anybody have any experience of this?

I think you asked this in another thread. They do warn us and warned me I could lose all, some etc... again you could have the same length of award or it could be shortened or lengthened.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettypetal1 View Post
    I want to ask for a manditory reconsideration for my son, but he has been awarded for 7 yrs which were really pleased about. Am aware they will looka at the whole award and I'm worried they may reduce the award length. Does anybody have any experience of this?
    Very, very unlikely, I have never heard of peoples benefits being reduced when asking for an MR. Even during an appeal, if the tribunal were considering reducing the award, they would warn the claimant specifically, stating that if you proceed we will reduce the award.

Thanks,m so just to clarify, it's is not usual for them to alter the length of award when re looking at a claim it is just the decision on the mobility and the enhanced care received that they will reconsider?