Thread: Free road tax?

Free road tax?

Got my decision today and have got enhanced mobility, which I am really pleased about, but with the letter is a certificate for free road tax. We bought our own car new last year and the tax was free for the first year, do I still change this at dvla so it's disabled taxation or leave it till it's due? Why I ask is some of these tolls that are free for disabled require the car to be taxed as disabled.

Your thoughts would be appreciated, thanks.

Mags

If your going to be using those toll then id try and get the disc changed now. worst they can do is say no.

Yes you might as well do it - if you are in London, Congestion Charge exempt and Tolls etc

Thankfully the tolls I use just require site of the EU Blue Badge (one with a barcode) - easy to do, even with exempt cars some need to see the paperwork.

Thanks Carl and Amy will get hubby to take it to PO on Monday.

Mags

The M6 Toll requires the Disabled classification - that is the best card i've ever got too - I use it 5/6 times per year, saving £10+ a trip.

As you don't physically get a disc anymore, it makes it even easier to do.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Was the tax free (from DVLA) or did the dealer pay it for you? If it was actually paid for then you will still get a pro-rata refund for any unused months. If so, make sure you do it (at a post office) before then end of the month.

Thanks but it was zero from DVLA, low emissions, but next year it will cost.