Thread: Waiting for ESA mandatory reconsideration and housing benefit

Question Waiting for ESA mandatory reconsideration and housing benefit

Hello,

I couldn't find a lot of information regarding this issue.. Basically I've been found fit to work (not entirely sure how this decision was made must be sick a joke) and I decided to challenge the decision so I'm now waiting for the mandatory reconsideration. I've been told the option for me right now is to claim jsa but if I decide not to claim jsa will I still get my housing benefit ?
    Any help is muchly appreciated.

Thank you

Yes.

Housing benefit can be processed on nil income.

They will suspend your claim when they find out the esa has been stopped. Just go down to them and explain and show your bank statement to prove nil income

Thank you I appreciate your answer

Similar Threads

1. Still waiting for Mandatory reconsideration
    By CharlieBear in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 02-10-2015, 01:17 PM
  2. Reconsideration still waiting
    By Saddan in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-17-2014, 10:31 PM
  3. housing benefit when waiting for esa mandatory reconsideration
    By booogie123 in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-07-2014, 03:35 PM
  4. Mandatory Reconsideration
    By gazzmg in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-09-2014, 09:27 AM
  5. Mandatory Reconsideration
    By lashlaroo in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-20-2014, 04:39 AM