Thread: PIP MR Success!

Red face PIP MR Success!

hi guys- I received a letter today saying my MR had changed their decision. I am now receiving the correct award and couldn't be more relieved

a quick rundown

(I have a chronic eating disorder, Asperger's and fibromyalgia)

late April 2014- filled out PIP form with welfare professional

late Dec 2014- assessment arranged for early jan

early Jan 2015- ATOS assessment with welfare professional

early Feb 2015- Standard rate care awarded. this is half of my equivalent DLA award (for 7 years) of Higher care and Low mobility

late Feb 2015- MR requested by my welfare worker and supporting letter from counsellor

late March 2015- reconsideration changed to Enhanced care and Standard mobility- back up to my equivalent DLA award.

After 11 months- success!

this was not without stress and severe anxiety but I hope anybody who doesn't get their award first time can persevere for what they need and deserve.

my f2f assessment was traumatic and triggering. my worker filed an official complaint to ATOS. they eventually sent me a letter back with his response which was nothing more than excuses but if you have a particularly negative experience don't be afraid to stand up for yourself!

I'm happy to answer any questions, good luck to all PIP applicants, don't give up

I was successful too, glad I asked for reconsideration went from Standard Mobility to Enhanced Mobility and my Standard Rate Care remained the same.

Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by girlalmighty View Post
    hi guys- I received a letter today saying my MR had changed their decision. I am now receiving the correct award and couldn't be more relieved

a quick rundown

(I have a chronic eating disorder, Asperger's and fibromyalgia)

late April 2014- filled out PIP form with welfare professional

late Dec 2014- assessment arranged for early jan

early Jan 2015- ATOS assessment with welfare professional

early Feb 2015- Standard rate care awarded. this is half of my equivalent DLA award (for 7 years) of Higher care and Low mobility

late Feb 2015- MR requested by my welfare worker and supporting letter from counsellor

late March 2015- reconsideration changed to Enhanced care and Standard mobility- back up to my equivalent DLA award.

After 11 months- success!

this was not without stress and severe anxiety but I hope anybody who doesn't get their award first time can persevere for what they need and deserve.

my f2f assessment was traumatic and triggering. my worker filed an official complaint to ATOS. they eventually sent me a letter back with his response which was nothing more than excuses but if you have a particularly negative experience don't be afraid to stand up for yourself!

I'm happy to answer any questions, good luck to all PIP applicants, don't give up
    This is really good news! Made up for you success!! I'm just waiting to hear with regards to my change if circumstances from last July I've already had report from ATOS which goes in my favour but still awaiting to hear from DWP. I'm worried I case the DWP takes points away from me and doesn't agree with ATOS? Min x

Great news, you must be so relieved! Well done for standing up for yourself and getting what you deserve!

Congratulations that's great to read. It is also great that you made the complaint. I am waiting to put in a complaint to Atos to before my tribunal and was thinking 'is it worth it' but now reading your post I will.

Hope you can relax now that's sorted. Take care - PB

hi guys, sorry for the delay in response. I've just been letting the dust settle this week and getting back to my old hobbies etc.

- Min, thanks so much! from what I can gather ATOS are MUCH stricter in their opinions than DWP. when DWP looked at my MR i ended up getting points for questions I hadn't even asked them to look at again. good luck!

- purplebreeze, im really happy to hear my story gave you the confidence to make a complaint. it may not have any direct effect on your claim but you never know what will happen in the future if we use our voices.

thanks for all your kind words xx.