Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need help with my garden

I need help with my garden

Hi all does anyone know if I can get any financial help to make my garden safe and secure I really need help I can't do it and don't have any funds to pay for it I would appreciate any thoughts . Thank you

Gosh I've no idea.

Are you in a council property or private? If it's a council property I would ring them up and ask them - reason is where my mother lives - the council came out and sorted things out in the back communal garden and 'her' front garden - they removed various bushes etc in her front garden, cleared it up - and made it safe for her.

Help with garden . . .

If you are in social housing and disabled you should get help from your landlord.

If you are a homeowner it would cost about £16 every two weeks for a gardener to cut the grass and weed. Hedge cutting and taking foliage would be extra

If you have gardening tools could you ask family, church members, boy scouts to help out.

Thank you so much for all your replys . I am a homeowner and I have asked the council however they refused . Has anyone heard of the charity "turn2us"

Yes but don't know hat they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post
    Help with garden . . .
    If you are a homeowner it would cost about £16 every two weeks for a gardener to cut the grass and weed.
    Strewth that's cheap. Here in south-east England I was paying that rate back in the late 1990s!

Chris

Are there any family or friends that could help. Even if you had to offer a small amount for their time.

Anybody with teenage kids that would love the opportunity to earn a little pocket money.

Depending on your age and disability, try Age Concern. They have a scheme called Help at Home. A gardener will come, charges £18 a hour. Best money i spent last winter! And no its not about OLD people!
    turn2us are a website showing various grant making bodies ie people you can apply to for the money to PAY some one for the work.
    If you OWN the home, well you own the garden and you will have to pay someone. It seen as your responsibility.