Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pip concerns

Pip concerns

I have sent my PIP appeal to tribunal containing photos of my self neglect and self harm also medical proof and reason for my appeal. IS THIS ENOUGH TO GET THEM OFF MY BACK?????

As self harm doesnt apply to any of the descriptors then its hard to say from such limited information.

The self neglect part may apply to some descriptors depending on exactly what you mean by self neglect. For example anything relating to food, failure to take medication and personal hygiene may relate to some of the descriptors.

Im not sure medical proof will be sufficient as PIP isnt about the condition. its about how it effects you as an individual.

I found statments writen by family and friends helped me

Quote Originally Posted by Emilysmith82 View Post
    I found statments writen by family and friends helped me
    thanks, il bring to tribunal if they take me

self harm is one of the reasons for not engaging with people as there are scars all over arms legs etc

They'd still only class that as promting tho

I typed up a more detailed letter for the courts after reading posts on here

I put % down of how each part effected me
    What happens when I do it
    How I feel about it
    How often I can do it

Quote Originally Posted by Emilysmith82 View Post
    They'd still only class that as promting tho

I typed up a more detailed letter for the courts after reading posts on here

I put % down of how each part effected me
    What happens when I do it
    How I feel about it
    How often I can do it
    Good advice thanks ..................

Quote Originally Posted by pedrovic2525 View Post
    I have sent my PIP appeal to tribunal containing photos of my self neglect and self harm also medical proof and reason for my appeal. IS THIS ENOUGH TO GET THEM OFF MY BACK?????
    NO remember this is the disability not how your disability affects your daily life.

I've just posted to another person - so adapting a copy/paste:

During this time - complete a diary and also seek a professional eg Citizens Advice or similar - they write and complete forms differently to us as they understand it is not the disability but managing your daily life - holding a cup, walking, washing, preparing a meal.

Look at each individual question - think of how you would explain to a novice, a child in great detail. You would not just say to a child - I cannot make a cup of tea - you would 'paint a picture':

"I am so weak - when I go to lift the cup my hand turns numb/shake and holding the cup I lose my grip and drop it, in the past has caused burns to my my hands on a number of occasions, now I need someone to hold the cup for me to drink from so that I do not injure myself" - THIS IS ONLY A POOR EXAMPLE!

Same goes for washing.

I need help to wash/bathe - VAGUE.

If there are toilet needs - be specific - I cannot wipe myself or I have been out in public and soiled myself- cannot get up etc... Do not be shy.

(I have to admit these are not my needs - so making it up as an example)

I have no experience of self-harm. Not sure how they would fit in with washing yourself, reading a sign, walking etc.

I have a neuropathic pain (bilateral in both hands and both feet) and when the pain is too much my body goes into shock (too complicated to describe).

would they not consider that the op needs watching over x amount of the time to prevent self harm?

Unfortunately pip is not about supervision rather it is more about the help needed for the various activities, it's why there will be winners and losers in the changeover from DLA to pip.