Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First payment after tribunal

First payment after tribunal

Does anyone know how long it takes for first payment after tribunal win ?? I won on the 25th March ( not long I know) was told that it was all put on the system as a running claim on 30th and payment takes 10 days but I've not even had a letter ??

I know I'm being impatient but I have so many company's calling over dept I've built up

It can take up to 6 weeks. The tribunal decision will go to a Decision Maker, who will assess whether or not the DWP will appeal the tribunal decision.

The DWP have the same right to appeal as you could, if you disagreed with the decision.

You could also send the tribunal win direct to the DWP, which may speed things up.

They already said they not appealing it and was waiting a letter to be sent on 30th

Quote Originally Posted by Emilysmith82 View Post
    They already said they not appealing it and was waiting a letter to be sent on 30th
    If they have told you that, then it shouldn't be too long. It may take a couple of weeks to sort out your backdated amount. From experience, it usually takes about 4 weeks from the tribunal win, for the DWP to sort out everything.

Ok thank you so impatient

I won mine on 31st and still had no decision and I've got 16 months of back pay to come and worrying

Wen did you get that decision about them not fighting it

About a week after tribunal . They called me today to check bank details and ask about hospital stays ect so should all be sorted out soon

Mines also about 16 month x

Wow you are very lucky with only a week I still haven't heard anything despite ringing every day

When I walked into the courtroom I didn't even get chance to talk or sit down there already made that decision I replied thank you just can't
    Understand why it takes so long