Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: worried im writing to much for pip tribunal.

worried im writing to much for pip tribunal.

Can you give DWP and the Tribunal to much information.

Im preparing a written response to send to tribunal before i attend. So far im on 3000 words and am getting a little concerned this is going to end up looking more like a dissertation than a letter. Dont want to write that much that they end up skimming it and missing key points, but at the same time i dont want to leave things out.

Is it good to give them plenty of information or should i cut it down a little. Im not the best at getting my points across verbally so id rather they have them in black and white.

The easiest thing you can do is break it down in to category's and descriptions

How your disability effects you with said task
    What happens when you try to do said task
    How often you could do said task
    How you are after said task

Stick to the descriptions your arguing against try not to go off topic

Try listing billet points and say you will expand further at tribunal ?

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska View Post
    Try listing billet points and say you will expand further at tribunal ?
    3000 words is far too much.

As stated use headings then bullet point concise information - no fluff. Don't forget these assessors wade through lots of files - keep it simple!

bullet points best way but as carl30 said he is not good at verbally putting his point over,

just try and cut out things that may be (waffling) and try keep to the point in as few words as possible.

My submission for my ESA tribunal was about 13,000 words without any fluff. I was just addressing where I felt information in the report was inaccurate and why, what information in the report needed elaborating on. You have to try to stick to information that is relevant though, describing a recent incident where your condition has directly affected your day to day life can be useful because you are telling them about something that has happened to you.

I'd suggest writing it all out as you are doing, then, get someone who knows you to read through it and give you some feedback. Go through it a few times, to see if there is any waffle that could be pruned.

Also make sure you send it to the Tribunal panel in plenty of time so they can read it beforehand.

Don't worry about the panel skipping stuff - they will read the information you send them.

I am a believer in covering all your bases and tell them everything from the most major disabilities to the most minor and everything inbetween

I found that presenting the information in the form of a table was a word efficient - and clear - way of completing the form.

Here's a tiny example of mine
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_1.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	1269

Moody, I like the idea of the table. It'd work for the majority of my activities. Unfortunetly there are 2 activities where i went into alot of detail with examples. These examples wouldnt easily fit into the table.

Ive started to trim it down a little. A little more needed though i think.

Quote Originally Posted by rich-ward View Post
    My submission for my ESA tribunal was about 13,000 words without any fluff. I was just addressing where I felt information in the report was inaccurate and why, what information in the report needed elaborating on. You have to try to stick to information that is relevant though, describing a recent incident where your condition has directly affected your day to day life can be useful because you are telling them about something that has happened to you.

I'd suggest writing it all out as you are doing, then, get someone who knows you to read through it and give you some feedback. Go through it a few times, to see if there is any waffle that could be pruned.

Also make sure you send it to the Tribunal panel in plenty of time so they can read it beforehand.

Don't worry about the panel skipping stuff - they will read the information you send them.
    Wow thats more than my university disertation, and i spent months on that. It must have took forever to write all that.