Thread: cant travel

cant travel

my husband who has severe angina /severe back problem / and anxiety is being asked to go to pip assessment centre 12 miles away when i have been told their is one in my local town 1/2 mile from are home can anyone offer advise please

Ring them up and ask for local interview. State above reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by joss View Post
    Ring them up and ask for local interview. State above reasons.
    If your husband's doctor usually makes a home visit then you can ask for a home visit (you will need evidence that the doctor usually makes home visits)

Or you can ask for a nearer assessment centre. It is possible that they are trying to give you the earliest appointment available which happens to be 12 miles from your home. If that is the case you may have a longer wait for an appointment at a nearer centre.

If your journey takes longer than 90 mins by public transport then they have to give you an alternative.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/wa...ce-assessment/

Contact your GP and explain this, ask for a letter of support that can be faxed to them.